Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Using MSSQL with limesurvey

Using MSSQL with limesurvey 3 years 3 months ago #62070

• wabrit
  • Fresh Lemon
Having successfully used limesurvey 1.91 with xampp and mysql, I need to be able to switch to using MSSQL 2008 R2 on a Windows 7 machine.

I've downloaded the Microsoft SQL Server php drivers from here and have run phpinfo to confirm xampp is running PHP 5.3.5 compiled with VC++ 6.

I've copied the php_pdo_sqlsrv_53_ts_vc6.dll and php_sqlsrv_53_ts_vc6.dll driver files into ${XAMPP_HOME}/php/ext and have set
$databasetype = mssqlnative

in ${XAMPP_HOME}\htdocs\limesurvey\config.php

However when I navigate to http://localhost/limesurvey/admin/install I'm getting the error message:
mssqlnative extension not installed

As I'm a newbie to php I suspect I've done something wrong or omitted something, but I'd be very grateful if anyone could offer some helpful advice.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Using MSSQL with limesurvey 3 years 3 months ago #62077

• wabrit
  • Fresh Lemon
I knew it would be something basic :)

Just in case anyone has the same problem, what I needed to do to get it working was:

• Ensure just php_sqlsrv_53_ts_vc6.dll is copied into ${XAMPP_HOME}\php\ext
  • Add the line extension=php_sqlsrv_53_ts_vc6.dll to ${XAMPP_HOME}\php\php.ini
  • Restart the server

Re: Using MSSQL with limesurvey 2 years 5 months ago #78982

• kirs10
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,
I'm having this problem too and have tried installing the php drivers that you link to (though mine didn't include "php_sqlsrv_53_ts_vc6.dll"). I followed the instructions for the php drivers, which are just like yours...to add "extension=..." to the php.ini file. It said to restart the server. I used the xampp control panel to stop and start the server but it wouldn't start back up. I followed some directions on the web to install vc++ (not sure which version)...and I think I did that right, but the server wouldn't start back up. I restarted the computer and still no go.

I ended up commenting those new dll extensions that I added to the php.ini file and then the apache server started right away. No matter what combination of those extensions uncommented, it wouldn't start. (if you want to know what my dlls are, let me know.)

Any ideas? I'm certainly new to all of this, but with enough detail, I hope to follow any recommendations!

Thanks!

Re: Using MSSQL with limesurvey 2 years 5 months ago #79014

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Please note that this is no Limesurvey related problem. You might get more help at the XAMPP forums...

It's possible that you are using the wrong driver, e.g. there might be different drivers for 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Mazi.

Re: Using MSSQL with limesurvey 2 years 5 months ago #79030

• kirs10
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks a lot! I'll check there next.

I see files with '86' or '64' in their filenames. Which would I download for a 32 bit OS? I always pick the 86 one, but don't know why. Can you shed any light on that?

Thanks!

Re: Using MSSQL with limesurvey 2 years 5 months ago #79034

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Usually 86 is the common 32 bit architecture while 64 refers to 64 bit systems.
I don't know which driver you need to choose, so better ask this question at an MS SQL forum.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Donation Image