Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MSSQL driver - which one?

MSSQL driver - which one? 3 years 3 months ago #61629

• jonoF
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm trying to install the latest LimeSurvey (1.91) on CentOS with Apache, using MS-SQL. However, I've been unable to do so using any of the drivers.

- mssqlnative gives the error: 'mssqlnative extension not installed'. Is there something I need to do to install it?
- mssql_n gives the error: 'Can't connect to LimeSurvey database. Reason: ' (that's literally all it says; no reason is given).
- odbc_mssql just displays a blank page, but looking in the logs I see:
PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant ODBC_BINMODE_RETURN - assumed 'ODBC_BINMODE_RETURN' in /var/www/html/limesurvey/classes/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 4230
PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant SQL_CUR_USE_DRIVER - assumed 'SQL_CUR_USE_DRIVER' in /var/www/html/limesurvey/classes/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 4230

Any ideas on what these problems are? I don't really have a preference for which driver I use, I just need to be able to use MS-SQL. (Also: I know MySQL is free and stable, but I need to work with some existing MS-SQL systems)
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by c_schmitz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Blank screen on Installation 3 years 3 months ago #61768

• jonoF
  • Fresh Lemon
Sorry I just realized that the title is very misleading - it's a reference to a previous problem I had but resolved.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea what is going wrong? It's quite urgent that I get this up and running.

MSSQL installation 3 years 3 months ago #61770

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 104
To use the mssqlnative driver (which is the one I would recommend) you have to install the PHP extension by Microsoft on your server.

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/ff657782
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonoF

Re: MSSQL driver - which one? 3 years 3 months ago #61771

• jonoF
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you for your help! I actually managed to get LimeSurvey running with mssql_n. I would be interested in running mssqlnative, but that link seems to only support Windows servers, and I am using CentOS. Is there any Linux support for the mssqlnative driver?
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
Donation Image