Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Some conditions stopped working after upgrade 1.90+ to 1.91+

Some conditions stopped working after upgrade 1.90+ to 1.91+ 3 years 5 months ago #61046

• drrrl
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Guys,

after upgrading 1.90+ to 1.91+ (currently b10089) condition like "less then" or "greater then" stopped working. I noticed this on my old survey, but I also created a new sample survey a minute ago and LS behaves in the same way. Let me describe the sample survey:

It contains one group with two questions inside.

Question one, type "List (radio)", no default answer, not mandatory:
Q: What is your favourite animal?
A1 Fish
A2 Cat
A3 Dog

The second question, type "List with comment", no def answer, not mandatory:
Q: Does it sleep in your bed?
A1 Yes
A2 No

The second question has a condition:

Question 1: What is your favourite animal? (qid91) Greater than Cat (A2)

If I would run this survey in my previous installation (1.90+), the second question would appear only when answer "A3 Dog" will be chosen in question 1 - and this should be expected behaviour, isn't it?
After upgrade, question 2 is never displayed, regardless of the answer chosen for question 1.

Attached is the .lss file of this sample survey.

Can anyone help?
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Some conditions stopped working after upgrade 1.90+ to 1.91+ 3 years 5 months ago #61047

• drrrl
  • Fresh Lemon
One more thing - this is not a general problems with conditions, but only with comparisons. If I change the condition to:

Question 1: What is your favourite animal? (qid91) Not equal to Fish (A1)

the second question is hidden only if "Fish" is selected as answer to Q1, in all other cases Q2 is visible.

Re: Some conditions stopped working after upgrade 1.90+ to 1.91+ 3 years 4 months ago #62058

• drrrl
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Guys,

I just returned home after 2-week trip and found out that a new - stable version of 1.91+ is available :). I upgraded my installation manually and checked my surveys - unfortunately "less then/greater then" conditions don't work.

Can anyone with 1.91+ stable install check my survey (attached above) and confirm it works in his environment?

Any ideas what to check in my installation? It is fresh install, only config.php left from 1.90 version, I use no custom templates...

Thanks in advance!

[solved partialy] Some conditions stopped working after upgrade 1.90+ to 1.91+ 3 years 4 months ago #62115

• drrrl
  • Fresh Lemon
I guess I've found some workaround.

I have changed answer codes from default "A1, A2,..." to numeric ones i.e. "1, 2,...", so now the first question look as follows:

Question one, type "List (radio)", no default answer, not mandatory:
Q: What is your favourite animal?
1 Fish
2 Cat
3 Dog

and the condition for the 2nd question is:

Question 1: What is your favourite animal? (qid91) Greater than Cat (2)

and it works!

So, if answer codes are numeric, the "less/greater then" conditions work, but I'm sure in 1.90 it was working also for alphanumeric answer codes. Is it the intentional change in 1.91+, or a bug? Or something wrong with my installation?
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Donation Image