Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Admin login loop and session expiry problems after 1.91 upgrade

Admin login loop and session expiry problems after 1.91 upgrade 3 years 3 months ago #60495

• arpsh
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi folks

Hopefully someone here can help, as my 1.91 upgrade has gone south somewhat!

Version 1.90 was working fine (other than having problems exporting xml), hosted on a shared service without any access to php.inf.

I downloaded 1.91, and replaced all the files/folders on the server other than /config.php, /upload and /templates.

All went well, logged in and upgraded database. However, now stuck in the infamous admin login loop, where clicking anything in the admin screen takes me back to the login page - doh!

I checked the live surveys to see what was going on there, and whilst I can start them, I get a "session expired" error message within seconds!

So any ideas? Clearly there might be a session expiry problem, but I don't know how to troubleshoot it on a shared service (and also without a great deal of linux knowledge)

Thanks in advance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Admin login loop and session expiry problems after 1.91 upgrade 3 years 3 months ago #61073

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 104
Try clearing cache and cookies in your browser right after the update is done.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!

Re: Aw: Admin login loop and session expiry problems after 1.91 upgrade 3 years 2 months ago #61651

• arpsh
  • Fresh Lemon
Clearing the cache and cookies unfortunately has no effect - the same error occurs when attempting to log on from a device that had never visited the site before.

I even tried completely removing the installation and database, and re-installing with a new database (using one click installs on my webhost). Unfortunately, the new fresh copy has the same login loop :(

Anyone have any clues?

Re: Aw: Admin login loop and session expiry problems after 1.91 upgrade 2 years 11 months ago #65767

• doloresev
  • Fresh Lemon
I think that it exists a configuration file, named "config-defaults.php". In that configuration file there is a parameter named "$sessionlifetime". That parameter is defined in seconds.

Re: Aw: Admin login loop and session expiry problems after 1.91 upgrade 2 years 11 months ago #65811

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
doloresev wrote:
I think that it exists a configuration file, named "config-defaults.php". In that configuration file there is a parameter named "$sessionlifetime". That parameter is defined in seconds.
That is correct. Keep in mind that in later version this setting was moved to the "general settings" which you can change at the admin backend. This overrides any setting in config-defaults.php.
Furthermore, depending on the webserver configuration, the server might override any setting done by an application for security reasons.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Donation Image