Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dreamweaver MX

Dreamweaver MX 3 years 4 months ago #59718

• scruffus
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello everyone, I'm new here, just downloaded limesurvey and un-zipped, but haven't installed yet- I wanted to ask some questions first: I have dreamweaver MX and Wamp installed on my local machine. I guess my question is 2 part:

-Anyone else here had success running that old of a version of dreamweaver with limesurvey? any issues I should be aware of, especially re: installing LS?

-Same goes for wamp- I see in the install instructions that xampp is recommended. I had xampp installed at some point, but didn't like some things about it. But I am willing to give it another try if it will make life with limesurvey easier.

Thanks!
Peter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Dreamweaver MX 3 years 4 months ago #59720

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 310
For running limesurvey you only need a webserver (in your case wamp, limesurvey should work just fine with any webserver environment that meets the requirements for the version of PHP and MySQL) and a browser.

I see not much use in an editor like Dreamweaver. You might use it for creating your template, but then the templating system is split in various files, so the WYSIWYG Function of tools like Dreamweaver will not work very well anyway.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Dreamweaver MX 3 years 4 months ago #59759

• scruffus
  • Fresh Lemon
Okay thanks I'll try it with wamp.
The only reason I'm using dreamweaver is because I'm not really making a survey website, its more like a regular website with surveys embedded here and there, and I don't really know html well enough to hand code, so I use dreamweaver.
So I'll just load up limesurvey and see how it goes.
Peter
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by scruffus.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Donation Image