Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: JS code displayed in preview and published survey after installation

JS code displayed in preview and published survey after installation 3 years 6 days ago #59446

I've installed LimeWire and the installation seemed to go just fine, however after I created my survey, the preview (and published view) shows the following code before each question:

click="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" />

Anyone have any ideas about this problem? This is hosted on GoDaddy. I've installed LimeWire on another server and have the same problem.

Version 1.90+ Build 9642
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: JS code displayed in preview and published survey after installation 3 years 6 days ago #59447

  • c_schmitz
  • c_schmitz's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Posts: 719
  • Thank you received: 91
  • Karma: 83
Maybe you should install LimeSurvey instead of LimeWire?

Seriously, this is no Javascript code like that in LimeSurvey. Looks like something infected your webspace.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!
Last Edit: 3 years 6 days ago by c_schmitz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: JS code displayed in preview and published survey after installation 3 years 6 days ago #59453

Total Brain Freeze. I installed LimeSurvey not Limewire. Can't be something that infected my webspace, happens with installations located on two different hosting companies.

I downloaded LimeSurvey, unzipped it, then ftp'd it across to the server. Then set up the mySql databse,edited the config.php file, and ran the install script.

Any other ideas?
Last Edit: 3 years 6 days ago by screencaffeen. Reason: Adding more details
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: JS code displayed in preview and published survey after installation 3 years 18 hours ago #59698

I spent some time tonight searching through the SQL database, and sure enough, my hunch was correct. The strange code that was popping up throughout the survey had populated various fields in the database (mostly in the question and answer tables).

Cleaning the miscellaneous code out of the various tables solved the problem. Not sure where the code came from, but based on research that I did, I suspect the Firefox Browser Highlighter may have been the culprit that introduced the issue to begin with.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Donation Image