TOPIC: Persistence not working after migrate

Re: Persistence not working after migrate 3 years 4 months ago #58601

• vidiadakis
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm sorry, but I cant find any relevance between
submit a page

and
...even if he hasn't submitted the survey and his browser crashes

Does the above mean, that I have persistence only if I save/submit the page I am working on and then my browser crashes? Because this is what I understand from your saying until now, but it is totally different from what the online documentation states.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Persistence not working after migrate 3 years 4 months ago #58602

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 68
I try to explain for question-by-question mode:

When i answer the first question, i click next and go the the next question. The browser does a submit. Now my first answer is saved. When I now leave the survey and come back the first answer is still there and I can continue with the second question. Without persistance I would have to start over again, as only the final 'submit survey' on the last question would save my answers.

For group-by-group mode this works only for complete groups of questions and for all-in-one mode there is only the final submit button so it is not going to help you a lot.

So in all-in-one mode there is no difference between submit a page and submit a survey, but for the other two survey modes there is a difference.
---
Menno Dekker

Re: Persistence not working after migrate 3 years 4 months ago #58603

• vidiadakis
  • Fresh Lemon
mdekker wrote:
Ok that description might be a little misleading. It is a wiki so feel free to improve it :)

Basically the persistance means that each time you go to the next section (that can be question or group) the answers are saved. In all-in-one mode you can only submit a complete survey. The only thing persistance could do there is partially save when not all questions pass validation and submit throws you back to the survey. Not sure if that really works that way, but that is the only thing it can do for you in all-in-one mode.

OK, this seems a bit more useful.

So basically, persistence as a procedure is semi-automatic in by-group surveys, using the next and previous options.

Could I use a Save button? Next to the submit one for example? I believe I saw such functionality but it required a username and password, different from the ones already used on the login page.

Re: Persistence not working after migrate 3 years 4 months ago #58604

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 793
vidiadakis wrote:
Could I use a Save button? Next to the submit one for example? I believe I saw such functionality but it required a username and password, different from the ones already used on the login page.
Like i say in 58597:
Use a big group with all question, and a little group of confirlation (just a boiler plate : "when you click submit your answer was closed" or something like that )

PS : Thanks mdekker for best explaination :)

Re: Persistence not working after migrate 3 years 4 months ago #58605

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 68
Not really sure how that works, probably the docs are accurate on that one. The user can pick his own details to store his result but he has to keep track of that so he can retrieve the answers later when he wants to continue.

When you already have a token, and use group or question mode the answer persistance feels more intuitive so I always disable saving.
---
Menno Dekker
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
Donation Image