Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Persistence not working after migrate

Persistence not working after migrate 3 years 1 month ago #58300

• vidiadakis
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello to all,

I am quite new to LimeSurvey and I'm having some problems.

After migrate my installation to a different server, I can't get answer persistence to work. Appropriate settings are correct in the administration panel (Enable token-based answers persistence and NOT Anonymous survey) and there are proper tables/entries with tokens in the database.

Lime Survey version is 1.85RC3 (7008), PHP is 5.3.5 VC6 (thread safe), Apache is 2.2 and MySQL is 5.5.8. Could this be a platform incompatibility? Previous setup was PHP 5.2.0 and MySQL 5.0.something.

Thank you in advance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Persistence not working after migrate 3 years 1 month ago #58307

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 719
vidiadakis wrote:
Lime Survey version is 1.85RC3 (7008), PHP is 5.3.5 VC6 (thread safe), Apache is 2.2 and MySQL is 5.5.8. Could this be a platform incompatibility? Previous setup was PHP 5.2.0 and MySQL 5.0.something.
Can(t you uupdate to last version ?

Re: Persistence not working after migrate 3 years 1 month ago #58321

• vidiadakis
  • Fresh Lemon
It's a bit diffcult rigth now, because the survey is already activated - there wasn't enough time to fully test it before going live.

Shouldn't it be working as is though?

Re: Persistence not working after migrate 3 years 1 month ago #58325

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 289
You should never use the RC (release candidate) version for production use because they might not be stable/bug free. I recommend to manually update to 1.85 stable or to the latest 1.90 stable version.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Persistence not working after migrate 3 years 1 month ago #58342

• vidiadakis
  • Fresh Lemon
Basically I'm stuck with this version now. Anyway, how can I verify the way persistence is or is not working? Is it javascript based or php based? I can't seem to identify the proper code segment to update the lime_survey_XXXXX table containing the answers after every reply of the user.

Re: Persistence not working after migrate 3 years 1 month ago #58593

• vidiadakis
  • Fresh Lemon
Bump!

So, we ended up installing the latest LS (1.90+) on a different directory for testing purposes and to try if persistence is working, but the results are the same.

Does by any chance the all-in-one option of our survey cause this behaviour? Are there any specific PHP extensions required for this to work?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Persistence not working after migrate 3 years 1 month ago #58597

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
vidiadakis wrote:
Does by any chance the all-in-one option of our survey cause this behaviour? Are there any specific PHP extensions required for this to work?
Answer of question are only fill when you submit the actual page. When you fill and don't submit, you don't send something to the server , then LimeSurvey can't remind the answer.

It can work with all-in-one, because in all-in-one you submit and close y=the survey.

If you want a semi all-in one :
Use a big group with all question, and a little group of confirlation (just a boiler plate : "when you click submit your answer was closed" or something like that )

Re: Persistence not working after migrate 3 years 1 month ago #58598

• vidiadakis
  • Fresh Lemon
But what you describe is not persistence... and I quote from the online documentation:
Enable token-based response persistence: If your survey uses tokens and is not anonymous, then you may want to enable this feature. If you turn this on, then an auto-save is performed each time a participant answers a question, meaning that even if he hasn't submitted the survey and his browser crashes, he will find his survey answers still in place when returns to the survey. This can be used for designing pre-filled surveys as well (see data entry and importVV facility when not finalizing answers).

Like a save button embedded on each answer.

Am I wrong?

Re: Persistence not working after migrate 3 years 1 month ago #58599

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
Difference between submit a survey and submit a page.

Like i say, LS is unable to do survey persistance if you don't submit something to the server.

In all in one , you can use it to prefill a survey with data entry.

Re: Persistence not working after migrate 3 years 1 month ago #58600

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 68
Ok that description might be a little misleading. It is a wiki so feel free to improve it :)

Basically the persistance means that each time you go to the next section (that can be question or group) the answers are saved. In all-in-one mode you can only submit a complete survey. The only thing persistance could do there is partially save when not all questions pass validation and submit throws you back to the survey. Not sure if that really works that way, but that is the only thing it can do for you in all-in-one mode.
---
Menno Dekker
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
Donation Image