Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Installations & Configuration on Server 2008 with IIS7

Re: Installations & Configuration on Server 2008 with IIS7 3 years 6 months ago #56333

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
Maybe "thiru06" can try to help you out and then later you can extend the instructions at our manual for other having the same problem.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Installations & Configuration on Server 2008 with IIS7 3 years 6 months ago #56357

• pholcomb
  • Fresh Lemon
OK, maybe so.

Thanks

Re: Installations & Configuration on Server 2008 with IIS7 3 years 6 months ago #56368

• thiru06
  • Fresh Lemon
@pholcomb

take a screen shot of your IIS7 manager showing your limesurvey website tree.

> edit this file (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\limesurvey\config.php) go to line 44, it would look like this:

Before:
$rooturl = "http://{$_SERVER}/limesurvey"; // The root web ........

After:
$rooturl = "http://{$_SERVER}/"; // The root web .............

So basically your editing this file to remove limesurvey

Restart IIS7

and point your browser to

http://localhost/admin/install/index.php
post your error too.

Re: Installations & Configuration on Server 2008 with IIS7 3 years 6 months ago #56373

• pholcomb
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

Well, I finally got it running. I'm not a php programmer, but it seems close enough to C that I was able to insert screen echo comments in the various index and configuration files so that I could determine where the problem was. It is not a server configuration issue, but rather what I'd guess is a nesting call problem. the admin\install\index.php routine has a number of "require_once" calls to other php routines. One of these is to config-defaults.php which in turn issues a require_once call to config.php. This is where the problem is. The nested call to config.php within config-defaults.php will not run (at least on my setup). By commenting out the require_once call to config.php (which by the way there is a warning in the code to not do!!), fixed the problem. Without this call the initial configuration runs fine and so far everything else seems to be ok.

So what is weird is why does config-defaults.php call config.php to begin with? There seems to be a lot of repetition in what the two do. Is this perhaps a bug in the setup?

Re: Installations & Configuration on Server 2008 with IIS7 3 years 6 months ago #56616

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
pholcomb wrote:
So what is weird is why does config-defaults.php call config.php to begin with? There seems to be a lot of repetition in what the two do. Is this perhaps a bug in the setup?
default settings in config-defaults.php are overwritten by customized settings at config.php, that is the reason of these inclusions.

If you can reproduce the problem please open a ticket at our bugtrcker: bugs.limesurvey.org

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
Donation Image