Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Problem Updating from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642

Problem Updating from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642 3 years 8 months ago #55879

• rwjework
  • Fresh Lemon
I have updated from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642. I used the 1.87 database.

Everything looked ok. I was able to insert a new survey and look at it using the test the survey function.

I then activated the survey and sent it out.

However, when people try to complete the survey (now on a number of different machines) they get a timeout error. See below:-

ERROR
We are sorry but your session has expired.
Either you have been inactive for too long, you have cookies disabled for your browser, or there were problems with your connection.
Please contact Your Name ( This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ) for further assistance.

I had a look at the wikki and altered the general settings session lifetime to 62000. However, this has not made any difference.

I then went into the Config defaults.php and amended the $memorylimit to 256M from 32M . This still has not resulted in the survey being allowed to be completed without the timeout.

Any suggestions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problem Updating from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642 3 years 8 months ago #55935

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
How long does it take until the survey times out?

Setting the timeout at Limesurvey often solves the problem but these settings might be overwritten by server config, so maybe your provider can fix it.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Problem Updating from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642 3 years 8 months ago #55945

• rwjework
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi
Thanks for coming back to me. The timeout varies. It appears to be roughly after the fourth group of the survey (there are 6 groups). So roughly about 6-8 minutes?

Is there anything else I can tamper with?

Thanks

Re: Problem Updating from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642 3 years 8 months ago #55946

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 68
If the time is that short, it is likely to be caused by somthing else then the session. Try setting $debug = 1; in your config.php and check if you see any errors.

If you are not using the default template, try switching to default to rule out any template errors.
---
Menno Dekker

Re: Problem Updating from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642 3 years 8 months ago #55954

• rwjework
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,
I have changed to the default template. Changed $debug = 1 and tried sending the survey to myself. I then tried to complete it without success. Same error.

I then tried to do it from inside the Admin section putting the token in the e-mail into it and it still did not work.

No errors are shown on the screen. I have never used the $debug function before is there a file where it shows the errors? or do they appear on screen?

Re: Problem Updating from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642 3 years 8 months ago #55987

• rwjework
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I did a complete new install in a separate sub-directory using the CPanel setting which had version 1.90 build 9160. I then exported the survey from the other install and imported it again into this one. I then activated it in the new area. It still has the same problem with the survey timing out.

Just one more thing. I imported the survey another time but this time deleted 3 of the six sections. I sent it to myself again and was able to complete the survey. So everything is working apart from the timeout difficulty.

Any further help?
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by rwjework. Reason: Additional Information

Re: Problem Updating from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642 3 years 8 months ago #55991

• rwjework
  • Fresh Lemon
I have narrowed it down to two Array (Texts)questions. For some reason when I remove these questions and substitute with Array the survey no longer has the timeout problems and I am able to complete it. May be some sort of bug in the Array(Texts)questions causing this?

I have reworded the questions and will not need that question option during this survey

Thanks for your help

Re: Problem Updating from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642 3 years 8 months ago #55995

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 68
If you could trim it down to just the two problem questions and submit that survey to our bugtracker with a description and reference to this post we could take a look at it to squash the bug :)
---
Menno Dekker

Re: Problem Updating from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642 3 years 8 months ago #55999

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Please open a ticket at the bugtracker and...

1. Give as much information as possible

2. Attach your survey. You can mark your ticket "private" so that only the developers will be able to take a look at it.

3. Provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.

4. If possible/helpful please provide screenshots

Afterwards please post the link to the bugtracker so we can follow the progress.

Thanks!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Problem Updating from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642 3 years 7 months ago #58108

• pmpusa
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I'm having the same exact problem. I tried your suggestion on changing all arrays by making them lists (radio). I still get the same error on user machines accessing the survey for the first time. However, on my machine...where the survey was built...it works fine.

I'm interested in anything you find that may resolve this issue.
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
Donation Image