Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Problem Updating from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642

Re: Problem Updating from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642 3 years 4 months ago #58475

• polo
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi - me too. Tried a completely clean install of 1.90+, and yet surveys time out in what I believe to be times between 10 and 20 minutes.

Session life set to 36000 in Limesurvey, memory_limit = 128M, send.session_path pointing to a valid and writeable directory, max_input_time = -1.

Browser cookies and scripts showing expiry of 4 hours after entering site.

I assume that there's something I need to change in php.ini, but struggling to find out what.

Have got debug set to 1 in conf.php, but no errors being written to script log from this.

Any guidance much appreciated - the software is so good, and it's such a shame that I can't use it until I've fixed server side stuff. At least it sounds like other people have got similar problems.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problem Updating from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642 3 years 4 months ago #58480

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
Please contact your provider. Global server settings can overwrite local session timeout settings.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Problem Updating from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642 3 years 4 months ago #58499

• polo
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for the help - think I've fixed it - the session.save_path directory wasn't as writeable as I thought it was!! Have changed that to point to a different / non-default temporary directory. So far haven't had an session expiry message. Hope that this helps others with similar problems.

Re: Problem Updating from 1.87 to Version 1.90+ Build 9642 3 years 4 months ago #58500

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
Thanks for your feedback. If you are missing some information in the manual feel free to improve it. Our manual is a wiki, everyone can edit it and you can't do much wrong.
So if you miss anything in the manual and you found out how to do it please add this information. Thanks!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Donation Image