Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: LS 1.9 it's not showing the End of Survey message.

LS 1.9 it's not showing the End of Survey message. 3 years 11 months ago #52984

• Kaspal
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello.

i've been working with limesurvey to get some surveys going, and everything is setup and ready to deploy but there's a problem:

in the test we've been doing, whenever we finish a survey, there is no message saying that the survey has ended and all that, even tho, in the setup theres an option for the system to show such message (and we've set it up to display as soon as the survey is finished!).

if we use IE8, it shows a connection problem, if we use Chrome or Firefox, it will show a blank page, but in neither case, it will display the end of survey message.

i even tinkered with the code of certain file (dont remember which one right now), to make the system to display a custom page, and for some reason, it just didnt work either.

i was wondering if someone here, with more experience with the system could give me a hand with this issue?

thakn you very much in advance.

PS: just in case someone is wondering, yes, the system is sending the email saying that the survey has been completed, but somehow it NEVER shows the page saying so as soon as the survey is completed.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:LS 1.9 it's not showing the End of Survey message. 3 years 11 months ago #52987

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 377
Which template are you using? What does the completed.pstpl from this template say?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:LS 1.9 it's not showing the End of Survey message. 3 years 11 months ago #52996

• Kaspal
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello, thank you for replying.

we made a new template called Autoevaluacion2010, based on the Default template, and edited it to fit our needs.

Here is the code contained in the Completed.pstpl

<br />
<div id="completed">
			{COMPLETED}<br /><br />

{URL}<br /><br />
</div>

i understand that even if we use one of the default templates, it gives the same problem.

Re:LS 1.9 it's not showing the End of Survey message. 3 years 11 months ago #52997

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hmm, this sounds strange. There must be something wrong with your installation, because otherwise we would have quite a few complaints here, I guess.

I just tested mine (latest version of Limesurey) and things are running smooth, showing the end text from the admin interface.

I have no idea what the problem could be, but lets circle the problem and get as much info as possible and we might be able to identify where things are going wrong.

Which Limesurvey version are you using?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:LS 1.9 it's not showing the End of Survey message. 3 years 11 months ago #53000

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
1. Can you reproduce this problem with different surveys and templates?

2. Did you set an end URL and nable the "auto load end URL" at survey settings?

3. Can you set up a small sample survey we can use for testing and link it here?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re:LS 1.9 it's not showing the End of Survey message. 3 years 11 months ago #53010

• Kaspal
  • Fresh Lemon
holch wrote:
Hmm, this sounds strange. There must be something wrong with your installation, because otherwise we would have quite a few complaints here, I guess.

I just tested mine (latest version of Limesurey) and things are running smooth, showing the end text from the admin interface.

I have no idea what the problem could be, but lets circle the problem and get as much info as possible and we might be able to identify where things are going wrong.

Which Limesurvey version are you using?

Im not at the office right now, but i myself installed the (then) latest version of LimeSurvey... it was about a month and a half ago, and while im not sure about the numbering, im sure its 1.9x

Re:LS 1.9 it's not showing the End of Survey message. 3 years 11 months ago #53011

• Kaspal
  • Fresh Lemon
Mazi wrote:

3. Can you set up a small sample survey we can use for testing and link it here?

1) im not sure right now, lemme run a couple tests and i'll let you know.
2) yes, we enabled that, and even tried to edit some of the code hoping to load a custom page when we stumbled on this issue... it didnt work.
3) Sure thing. i'll set something up and let you know, so we can try and run a case scenario here.

Re:LS 1.9 it's not showing the End of Survey message. 3 years 11 months ago #53114

• Kaspal
  • Fresh Lemon
Mazi wrote:

1) yeah, it seems like its having the same issues with other templates.
2) yes, those options are enabled in the survey settings.
3) here's a link to a small survey test, for you to see what's the problem:

www.autoevaluacion.unal.edu.co/limesurve...oken=n7tuticcknnffhg

if you see something wrong there, lemme know, please... i'd really like to know what's going on.

Re:LS 1.9 it's not showing the End of Survey message. 3 years 11 months ago #53117

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
You shouldn't use tokens for this test survey. I have tried the survey (the error at the end appeared), but now there is no possibility to do another test.

To me this error looks very strange, because it seems like it doesn't find the index.php. Did you make any customization to your limesurvey installation?

Re:LS 1.9 it's not showing the End of Survey message. 3 years 11 months ago #53118

• Kaspal
  • Fresh Lemon
holch wrote:
You shouldn't use tokens for this test survey. I have tried the survey (the error at the end appeared), but now there is no possibility to do another test.

To me this error looks very strange, because it seems like it doesn't find the index.php. Did you make any customization to your limesurvey installation?

the only cutomization i made to the survey system was the config.inc.php one in which i needed to insert the server settings, everything else is stock.

i'll ask the one who put up the survey to create one without tokens, so you could run more tests.
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Donation Image