Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LS tries to upgrade database and stops working

LS tries to upgrade database and stops working 3 years 9 months ago #51827

• BiigP
  • Fresh Lemon
This is the second time I have this problem. A week ago when working on a question i suddenly got this message.

The LimeSurvey database is being upgraded (2010-11-05 13:44:32) . Please be patient...

Moving user templates to new location at /home/XXXX/public_html/vragenlijst/upload/templates...

Uitvoeren.....ALTER TABLE `lime_questions` ADD `parent_qid` integer NOT NULL default '0'...Fout! Reden: Duplicate column name 'parent_qid'
Uitvoeren.....ALTER TABLE `lime_answers` ADD `scale_id` tinyint NOT NULL default '0'...Fout! Reden: Duplicate column name 'scale_id'
Uitvoeren.....ALTER TABLE `lime_questions` ADD `scale_id` tinyint NOT NULL default '0'...Fout! Reden: Duplicate column name 'scale_id'
Uitvoeren.....ALTER TABLE `lime_questions` ADD `same_default` tinyint NOT NULL default '0' COMMENT 'Saves if user set to use the same default value across languages in default options dialog'...Fout! Reden: Duplicate column name 'same_default'.
Uitvoeren.....CREATE TABLE `lime_defaultvalues` ( `qid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `scale_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `sqid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `language` varchar(20) NOT NULL, `specialtype` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', `defaultvalue` text, PRIMARY KEY (`qid` , `scale_id`, `language`, `specialtype`, `sqid` ) ) ENGINE=myISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci...Fout! Reden: Table 'lime_defaultvalues' already existsUnknown column 'a.default_value' in 'where clause':select a.*, q.sid, q.gid from lime_answers a,lime_questions q where a.qid=q.qid and q.type in ('L','O','!') and a.default_value='Y'

I found no help on these forums so i did a clean install of the latest version. Everything worked fine. I have a survey running.
When making a new survey, i clicked on the icon to edit the labelsets. This screen appeared again. I can no longer access any admin part.

The survey which is active is still accesible but i can't enter the admin pages.
Any help is welcome. Do i have to reïnstall LS?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:LS tries to upgrade database and stops working 3 years 9 months ago #51849

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 293
I have never seen this weird error before. Either your webserver suffers a misconfiguration or something changes your files. Without looking at the system directly it's hard to tell.

You can try to import your survey at our demo at demo.limesurvey.org/admin (external link) which always runs the latest Limesurvey version.
Username: admin
Password: test
If you can reproduce the problem there please, please report back.

Otherwise you should think about re-installing Limesurvey or have a look at our hosting service at www.LimeService.com.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re:LS tries to upgrade database and stops working 3 years 9 months ago #51884

• BiigP
  • Fresh Lemon
I would love to do that but since i'm not able to access my admin pages i can't export my existing survey.

Since i'm stuck i just renamed de admin\update folder.
this results in the following error

Warning: include_once(/home/komimo/public_html/vragenlijst/admin/update/updater.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/komimo/public_html/vragenlijst/common.php on line 247

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/komimo/public_html/vragenlijst/admin/update/updater.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/komimo/public_html/vragenlijst/common.php on line 247

Fatal error: Call to undefined function checkfordbupgrades() in /home/komimo/public_html/vragenlijst/common.php on line 248

does that make any sense to you?

Re:LS tries to upgrade database and stops working 3 years 9 months ago #51885

• BiigP
  • Fresh Lemon
If i commented the function on line 247 in common.php out.
That lets me access the admin pages like before.

// Check if the DB is up to date (uitgecommentarieerd door mijzelve 8 november
//If (!$dbexistsbutempty && $sourcefrom=='admin')

Any idea what can cause this problem. As i set in my first mail. I made a clean install of limesurvey (new db and installed from scratch whitout importing any old data)

I'm no programmer so i don't know what the consequences are?

FYI i use build 9343 at the moment.

Re:LS tries to upgrade database and stops working 3 years 9 months ago #51915

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 293
Sorry, it is a very weird error I have never seebn before so I can't help much.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re:LS tries to upgrade database and stops working 3 years 7 months ago #54701

• badronald
  • Senior Lime
I am getting this same error when upgrading from 1.87 to 1.9
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds
Donation Image