Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: delete 'admin' directory post install, errors

delete 'admin' directory post install, errors 3 years 10 months ago #51633

• slefevre
  • Fresh Lemon
I just went through the install with limesurvey190plus-build9343-20101026 . After it populated the database, I got the message
Your installation is now complete. The final step is to remove or rename the LimeSurvey installation directory (admin/install) on your server since it may be a security risk.

Once this directory has been removed or renamed you will be able to log in to your new LimeSurvey Installation.

So I renamed the 'admin' directory 'administration'. Then, when I went the website root, I got these errors:
Warning: require(/home/user/limesurvey190plus-build9343-20101026/admin/globalsettings.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/limesurvey190plus-build9343-20101026/common.php on line 236

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/user/limesurvey190plus-build9343-20101026/admin/globalsettings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/user/limesurvey190plus-build9343-20101026/common.php on line 236

When I renamed the admin directory back to 'admin', I get the normal welcome site as usual.

What am I supposed to do with the admin directory?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:delete 'admin' directory post install, errors 3 years 10 months ago #51634

• slefevre
  • Fresh Lemon
Oh, I see now. Delete 'admin/install' directory, not delete the "Administration or installation directory." :P

Re:delete 'admin' directory post install, errors 3 years 10 months ago #51635

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Yepp, deleting the whole admin dir is a little mich ;)

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Donation Image