Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: URGENT:Custom CSS in copied template does not work

URGENT:Custom CSS in copied template does not work 3 years 11 months ago #51308

• dmtelf
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm using v1.90+ build 9290. I've got a limespire template based survey with some custom CSS to remove some boundary box lines. All of this works fine.

If I copy this survey & activate the copy, the custom CSS is ignored when I test the activated copy. I've double checked template.css, and the custom CSS is definitely there. I've cleared my FF cache but the CSS is still being ignored.

If I test the original unactivated survey, the custom CSS works fine.

I've only just found out about this problem. The survey designer has seen the unactivated survey and loves how it looks. He won't be very happy when he sees the activated copy in 3 hours time & realises the custom CSS is no longer being applied.

Help!

DMTelf
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:URGENT:Custom CSS in copied template does not work 3 years 11 months ago #51309

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 68
Load the css file separately from the survey, so just input the url to the css. Then hit refresh to see if you get the right contents.
---
Menno Dekker

Re:URGENT:Custom CSS in copied template does not work 3 years 11 months ago #51311

• dmtelf
  • Fresh Lemon
mdekker wrote:
Load the css file separately from the survey, so just input the url to the css. Then hit refresh to see if you get the right contents.

Thanks for the very fast response!

How can I do this? I don't know how to get the URL of the template.css file used in the custom limespire based template of the live survey when its being viewed?

The URL to launch the survey is http://ls-survey-01/index.php?sid=14163&lang=en

DMTelf

Re:URGENT:Custom CSS in copied template does not work 3 years 11 months ago #51604

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
You can use the Firefox plugin "Firebug" which helps a lot to view the source code.

CSS files for shipped standard templates are found at www.yourdomain.org/limesurvey/templates/<templatename>/template.css

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Donation Image