Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Two limesurveys on one server

Two limesurveys on one server 3 years 9 months ago #49916

• sestdiena
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I want to install two different versions of Limesurvey on my server. One which are already installed is 1.85, but I want to install a new one (1.90), without removing previous one.

So as far as I understand, I should upload it in another folder. But I am not sure about how it will affect previous limesurvey version database? Do I just have to change this line variable to different one?
$dbprefix           =   'lime_';

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Two limesurveys on one server 3 years 9 months ago #49919

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
Hi!

Installing different versions of Limesurvey on one server, is not a problem at all (I have like 3 different versions running at the moment).

You have to put each installation in a different folder.

The ideal option would be to use a different database for each installation. If you can't use a different database (because your hosting package doesn't offer you more), then you will have to change the $dbprefix to for example lime1, lime2, lime3.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
Donation Image