Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Newbie question

Newbie question 4 years 1 month ago #49915

• Jmf
  • Fresh Lemon
I've just downloaded and begun to work with LimeSurvey for the first time and have what is probably a stupid question...

I've done a test survey and filled out some answers and clicked Submit, but now I have know idea where the results reside or how to access them.

Any help would be appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Newbie question 4 years 1 month ago #49920

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 379
On the screen for the survey, there is a symbol which looks like a sheet of paper with a magnifing glass. It says "browse responses" when you hover over it.

You will get the option to see all responses, the last 50 responses or to get statistics.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:Newbie question 4 years 1 month ago #49926

• Jmf
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks very much.

When I view that page, it requires a lot of sideways scrolling. Is that just the browser I'm using, or is there some other more practical way to view it?

Also, what is the "Code" for and why is it required on every question?

Thanks.

Re:Newbie question 4 years 1 month ago #49927

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 379
The code is to identify the questions. Sometimes you need to tell Limesurvey for which questions something should be applied, so you need the code. Or often it is easier to identify a question via the code instead of the question text.

The sideways scrolling is necessary, because you have a certain amount of questions, thus it doesn't fit on one screen. I don't see any other way to have a table like this without scrolling. You can always use the statistics part, but this will only show the results aggregated.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
Donation Image