Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Not Able to Add or Edit Questions on new 1.90 ????

Re:Not Able to Add or Edit Questions on new 1.90 ???? 4 years 3 weeks ago #49215

• luc_dubois
  • Fresh Lemon
Basicaly, with your web provider you open a ticket and ask them to check the MOD_SECURITY configuration.

Link this post to youre ticket so they have a better picture.

That's it !

For Hostpapa, there respond was 1 day after I ask. I received this email :

"
Hello,

It looks like mod_security was causing this issue and should be fixed now. Please let me know if you are still encountering this problem.

Thanks,
Joe
Systems Administrator
"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Not Able to Add or Edit Questions on new 1.90 ???? 4 years 3 weeks ago #49219

• pmontanez
  • Fresh Lemon
You need to contact your hosting company and ask then to remove MOD_SECURITY from your domain. otherwise the jquery will not render.. you wont be able to add the questions to your survey.

Re:Not Able to Add or Edit Questions on new 1.90 ???? 4 years 3 weeks ago #49227

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
pmontanez, luc_dubios, please add this advice at the "installation FAQ" page of our wiki.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re:Not Able to Add or Edit Questions on new 1.90 ???? 4 years 2 weeks ago #50100

• zamba
  • Fresh Lemon
pmontanez wrote:
You need to contact your hosting company and ask then to remove MOD_SECURITY from your domain. otherwise the jquery will not render.. you wont be able to add the questions to your survey.

Hi! I was following this post, because I have the same problem.

Yesterday I asked to my hosting company to remove mod_security. They are always very helpful, but this time answered that they can't do that, because it will affect the security of all other clients on the same server.

Is there any chance of fixing this without removing mod_security?

Considering that many LimeSurvey users may be in my same position, is it possible to release another update that avoid this problem?

Thank you for your time and help and sorry for my rusty English.

Regards,

Diego

Re:Not Able to Add or Edit Questions on new 1.90 ???? 4 years 2 weeks ago #50101

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 353
I remember Carsten, the project leader saying, that switching off this mod_security isn't doing any harm (not 100% sure though). But of course, this doesn't help you much if your hosting company doesn't want to do that. ;-)

However, I assume that it is necessary for some features of Limesurvey, otherwise I am quite sure the developers would have avoided it. And I also doubt that there will be released 2 different versions.

Probably the best solution on short term: change the hosting company. I know, this is not ideal either, but probably the easiest way.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:Not Able to Add or Edit Questions on new 1.90 ???? 4 years 2 weeks ago #50127

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Take a look at www.LimeService.com, maybe it's an alternative!?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re:Not Able to Add or Edit Questions on new 1.90 ???? 4 years 1 week ago #50159

• luc_dubois
  • Fresh Lemon
Mazi wrote:
pmontanez, luc_dubois, please add this advice at the "installation FAQ" page of our wiki.

I will do it very soon. Sorry for the delay.

Re:Not Able to Add or Edit Questions on new 1.90 ???? 4 years 1 week ago #50176

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 115
Hello!

For the record: I never said that disabling mod_security is a Good Thing (tm). :-)

However your provider does not need that - Mod_security is using so called 'rules' and most probably there is a single rule which is creating the false positive. Your provider just has to modify or deactivate that particular rule. (the mod_security logs usually say what rule is the offending one). It is not necessary or reasonable to deactivate mod_security.

Another option could be to deactivate mod_security for certain directories by using a .htaccess file. Please contact your provider again with these two suggestions. If they take you serious as a customer they will use one of this as solution.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!

Re:Not Able to Add or Edit Questions on new 1.90 ???? 4 years 1 week ago #50177

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 353
c_schmitz wrote:
For the record: I never said that disabling mod_security is a Good Thing (tm). :-)

OK, sorry then! Not sure why I had this in my head.

Thanks for clarifiying! Won't say that ever again. ;-)
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:Not Able to Add or Edit Questions on new 1.90 ???? 3 years 11 months ago #51310

• itsme
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello all, I have same problem, as above, problem is I could use normally once installed latest version of LimeSurvey 190+ (fantastico), and suddenly today is not working! and can't modify previous entries as well.

after reading all about it through these forums, I have asked my host to disable mod_security for the domain, and they have done that. but problem was not solved!!! at all! there is nothing on the "+" or "-" signs, even mouse on them stay static withOUT hand courser, predefind lebels and quick adds also are not working , just no response at all from broswer! no error in the footer bar of broswer...

one thing i didn't try yet, is to re-upload files using binary, seems logic to me as i faced similar problem long time back with another web application.. BUT, which files i have to re-upload? as stated above, i have used fantastico, so i will download the latest version from Limesurvey website, but please tell me which files i have to re-upload in binary mode??

thanks a lot for all the efforts you are putting..
waiting for support to end this issue like the other happy guys :)
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Donation Image