Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Installation problem

Re:Installation problem 3 years 10 months ago #51708

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
3. Ask your provider to check this.

4. Which URL do you call to log in at the admin backend?

5. Can you post a link to an acitvated test survey?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Installation problem 1 year 10 months ago #88235

• Onsemeliot
  • Fresh Lemon
I just ended up with the same issue of "unexpected" strings. By correcting the config.php file I could solve the problem: Obviously the commas weren't placed correctly. Now it works. But the strange thing is, that I just installed a completely fresh version from 2012-11-13. Is it possible, that the commas are set wrong out of the box?

I hope the rest of the code is more reliable than the config file. If not I might not be able to find my way through more than 6000 files...
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Onsemeliot.

Re:Installation problem 1 year 10 months ago #88281

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
I'm quite sure that the shipped config.php file was released with correct syntax. Otherwise, there would have been dozens of bug reports.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re:Installation problem 1 year 10 months ago #88292

• Onsemeliot
  • Fresh Lemon
I tried to install the package several times. For that I erased everything and started from scratch and followed the installation guidelines.

After I edited the config file the installation worked basically and I could open the login page without error message, but unfortunately the password and user name didn't allow me to enter since the feedback was that they where incorrect. (Since I couldn't find any entry for the login data in the database as well I couldn't solve the problem by editing these entries. Therefore I had no choice but to reinstall everything again.)

Later I tried to use an other source file than before. Instead of the "tar.gz" file I used the "zip" file. After that everything worked out of the box. I guess most people didn't mind what compression they want to use and just clicked on the first download link. But because I originally used the second instead of the first link I ended up with the described problems.

So for me it seems those packages aren't the same at all. Initially I used the second link because I knew I would use the software on free operating systems only. I saw no point in using "zip" if I could use the native "tar.gz" as well...

Re:Installation problem 1 year 10 months ago #88293

• Onsemeliot
  • Fresh Lemon
I can imagine, that the problem might show up only if not all additional packages are available. Since in the installation overview one (for me unnecessary additional package) was marked as not available, this could have caused the problems.

Maybe the script putting together the arrays for the config file can't handle different package counts very well and produces a file with misplaces commas - at least in the "tar.gz" version...

Re:Installation problem 1 year 10 months ago #88295

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 112
Just correcting the config.php won't solve the problem because due to the bug the standard administration user is not created.

You will need to do a clean installation on an _empty_ database.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by c_schmitz.

Re:Installation problem 1 year 10 months ago #88298

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 68
The original issue in this topic is two years old, so no need to revive it for a current and unrelated issue.

Current problem: there was a short period (less then one day) in which the installer didn't work, this has been solved for all compression methods.

As c_schmitz said: a fresh download and clean installation on an empty database should work. If not, please open a new topic and/or a report in our bugtracker.
---
Menno Dekker

Re:Installation problem 1 year 10 months ago #88299

• Onsemeliot
  • Fresh Lemon
I did make a completely fresh install at least four times. But it only worked after I downloaded the "zip" file instead of the "tar.gz" as istallation source. (Now you tell me it wasn't ablout the different compression methods, but I just had a newer version the second time I downloaded the source files.)

Ok, if you say there was a problem with the installer which is solved now, then there is nothing to discuss any more indeed. I had the impression, that you couldn't reproduce the behaviour I got. Therefore I wanted to help with further details...

Thank you for your fast replies and help.

Re: Installation problem 1 year 10 months ago #88300

• Azer74
  • Junior Lime
Hello, I have a problem when I try to install LimeSurvey (limesurvey200plus-build121114).

No problem for the creation of the DB but I have this message at the end of the installation (after I put the mail, language...) :
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in D:\xampp\htdocs\limesurvey\application\config\config.php on line 68

Line 68 (no edit on this file) :
'debugsql'=>0 // Set this to 1 to enanble sql logging, only active when debug = 2

Do you know this problem ?
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Azer74.

Re: Installation problem 1 year 10 months ago #88303

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 68
Place a comma after 'debug'=0 (line before 68) or use build 121115 and do a clean install. This problem was fixed in 121115
---
Menno Dekker
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
Donation Image