Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Version 2.00+ Build 130219, Kein Export in Excel möglich

Version 2.00+ Build 130219, Kein Export in Excel möglich 1 year 4 months ago #93143

• Peridot
  • Fresh Lemon
Liebes Forum,

Ich habe erfolgreich meine erste Umfrage mit Version 2.00+ Build 130219 aktiviert.

Leider erhalte ich beim Export in Excel (Version 2003) nur eine leere Tabelle. Das Sheet in der erzeugten XLS-Datei ist korrekt mit dem Namen der Umfrage versehen, aber alle Zellen sind leer.
Export in PDF, Word etc. funktioniert problemlos.

Das Problem tauchte bereits unter Version 2.00+ Build 121025 im englischen Forum auf:

www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/can-i-do-thi...ts-in-empty-document

Ist das mit meinem Build 130219 bereits gefixt oder existiert das Problem noch?
Ansonsten ist mir auch nicht so recht klar, wie der Hinweis unter dem Link mit der Verwendung des Debug-Modus funktioniert.

Wer kann mir helfen?

Viele Grüße

Peridot
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Version 2.00+ Build 130219, Kein Export in Excel möglich 1 year 4 months ago #93144

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
I made a quick test with one response and there were no saved results either.

Please create a bug report.

Just made another test and the export with excel worked fine. Before my test data hasn't been recorded.

I am using the same version (Version 2.00+ Build 130219)

What you can do is export as csv and then import it to excel. I think this is the better solution anyway (not the same column and line limits like xls).
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by holch.

Version 2.00+ Build 130219, Kein Export in Excel möglich 1 year 4 months ago #93155

• Peridot
  • Fresh Lemon
Many thanks!

I exported the data to CSV, but after import to Excel the whole structure of questions and data of answers appears completely mixed up.

The text of answers and questions was truncated into numerous of cells, I cannot see any relation of answers and questions anymore. I tried to solve it by using different switches for data separation in Excel during CSV-import, no success.

My idea was to have either columns for the questions with rows of related aswers, or vice versa after the import. But there is only a big mess of truncated words and data. Also German letters ä,ö,ü were replaced by stange combinations of ASCI-letters, which makes it also very hard to read.

If I can't fix this problem I have to stop my whole survey. I am under high time pressure, so
any help is very much appreciated!

Version 2.00+ Build 130219, Kein Export in Excel möglich 1 year 4 months ago #93156

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
How did you import csv into Excel?

This usually works very well.

Depending on your excel you need to go to the tab "Data" (or something like that, my excel is not in English - this is from Excel 2010) and then "from text". There you can do some configurations and the csv should import just fine.

If you just open the csv file (which Excel allows) your described problems usually show up.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by holch.

Version 2.00+ Build 130219, Kein Export in Excel möglich 1 year 4 months ago #93157

• Peridot
  • Fresh Lemon
Yes, I imported the CSV to Excel correctly. To verify my import settings, I just created another CSV output file from a small new "Dummy Test Survey" which contains only a few questions, and it works fine with my choice of import selections to Excel (No cells are messed up, no truncated words). Import with same settings from CSV-file of the real survey with 33 Questions is still completely messed up. So the problem seems to be somehow linked to my active survey questionaire structure.

I just decided to stop the active survey, and to set it up completely new from scratch (Seems to be less time effort as to take risk to end up with messed data in CSV or manually entering all results to XLS at the end).

I assume there is maybe still some kind of bug concerning Excel in my Build, depending on the structure of questions. Also with the new "Dummy Test Survey", direct export to Excel only creates empty Excel Sheets.

Version 2.00+ Build 130219, Kein Export in Excel möglich 1 year 4 months ago #93160

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Maybe try to update first and see if it persists?

Can't do much harm.

if it persists, please create a bug report.

Version 2.00+ Build 130219, Kein Export in Excel möglich 1 year 4 months ago #93183

• Peridot
  • Fresh Lemon
I spent some hours to re-enter the whole content into a new survey. The problem is still the same.

:(

I figured out that longer text portions (Questions, answers) will be truncated after ~107 letters and sorted randomly into XLS-cells. Using underlines for the CSV-export does not work as well to keep all together.

If I use shorter questions and answers of my "Dummy Test File", the problem does not appear. Is there any restriction for length of questions and answers?

I am very frustrated, spent so many hours again endig up again in same data mess result...

-> Is there any risk when updating, that I may kill the whole survey?

-> And how does an update work?

-> Is there already a newer version than my build? Simply re-install limesurvey on the Host?

Version 2.00+ Build 130219, Kein Export in Excel möglich 1 year 4 months ago #93184

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Depending on the intervall that you have configured, Limesurvey looks for updates automatically. You can trigger that in the admin back end and check if there is a newer version (global settings at the bottom).

Current version is 130226.

Updates like this never have caused any problems for me so far, but of course there is never a 100% guarantee.

But the update is automatic via the interface and usually pretty straight forward.

Version 2.00+ Build 130219, Kein Export in Excel möglich 1 year 4 months ago #93185

• Peridot
  • Fresh Lemon
Issue could be solved with update to Version 2.00+ Build 130226

Version 2.00+ Build 130219, Kein Export in Excel möglich 1 year 4 months ago #93186

• Peridot
  • Fresh Lemon
:)

..and many thanks for your support, this really helped me out of the XLS-data-mess!

Best regards

Peridot
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
Donation Image