Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich!

Re:Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich! 3 years 10 months ago #52085

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
jelo wrote:
holch wrote:
Would you have guessed that the lack of "specific" would make such a difference?
If we would have guessed that, we would be consultants, which tell people what to do, instead of asking people to fill out surveys ;-)

On the other hand. A "specific bugreport" vs "bugreport".

The quick learning is: If you do tracking studies, don't change items without good reason and feedback from your client.

You could use your story to sell more longitudinal studies. It is a good example to force us to focus more on good questionnaires.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich! 3 years 10 months ago #52087

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 323
My learning: don't trust interns. ;-)
I hope she learned something too. Hehehehe.

Well, at the end of the day, we found out what it was and the clients were OK with it. The response wasn't anything of major importance. And we were pretty open about it. Other companies probably would have sold the clients the increase. ;-) "look, people request more quotes". Hahaha.

If someone ask me to do a "bugreport" or a "specific bugreport", this would be the same for me.

And yes, it is a very good example to show, what happens if you change things too easily in tracking studies. It is always a hassle to convince clients who got the responsibilty for the survey, that it is not a good idea to change wording, add items, etc. Or why it is not possible to use the specific expression that his company is using (but the rest not). But so far, we always found a way.

This is especially important when you run the same survey in about 10 countries with 10-30 brands in each.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich! 3 years 10 months ago #52091

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
jelo wrote:
Limesurvey is missing a test/try/comment modus, where e.g a translator can click through the survey and can enter comments in a little box, which are saved into the survey structure for the survey editor to read. That way translations would be a lot easier. A skip conditions button would be make sure no question is missed.

I want a discussion thread or subboard for features. The idea tracker comments are not searched and read by most of the users here.[/quote]
There is a new translation feature at the SVN DEV version. I'd like you two experienced users to test it and give some feedback. The developer "Andrie" is also open to feature requests. If it's simple to implement, maybe you can have it at the next 1.91 version.
I want a discussion thread or subboard for features. The idea tracker comments are not searched and read by most of the users here.
Why don't you add this to the idea tracker...
Just kidding ;)

I'll take care of it.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re:Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich! 3 years 10 months ago #52288

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
Mazi wrote:
There is a new translation feature at the SVN DEV version. I'd like you two experienced users to test it and give some feedback. The developer "Andrie" is also open to feature requests. If it's simple to implement, maybe you can have it at the next 1.91 version.
[/quote]

Is there a bugreport or a thread somewhere about that new translation feature.
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by jelo.

Re:Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich! 3 years 10 months ago #52378

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
jelo wrote:
Is there a bugreport or a thread somewhere about that new translation feature.
We had some discussions at the mailing list about it if you are interested in the development process of this feature.

You can also ping the developer ("Andrie") at our IRC, he hangs around there quite often.
All bugs/problems go to the bugtracker and will be assigned to him.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Donation Image