Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich!

Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich! 3 years 8 months ago #52010

• afandiphd
  • Fresh Lemon
Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich!. Ich mache eine Untersuchungen über Web-Personalisierung-Strategie, die weit über das soziale Netzwerk (z.B. Facebook) implementiert wurde, e-Commerce (z. B. Amazon), Suche Motor (z.B. Google) und viele andere Domänen. Ziel meines Studiums ist es, die Akzeptanz der Web Personalisierung Strategie zu definieren. Fühlen Sie sich frei, Ihre Antwort zu geben. [Mit LS 1,87 entwickelt;] Ranking, mehrere Auswahlmöglichkeiten, Youtube-Videos und Brainshark Videos usw., auf die Fragen zu beschäftigen.

survey research

energy4all.biz/research/index.php?sid=82162&newtest=Y&lang=de
Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich! 3 years 8 months ago #52013

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
I am not quite sure if your survey is ready to be launched in German.

It requires a lot of guesswork to understand what you want to know. I personally wouldn't consider the results valid or reliable with this translation. People could be totally different questions than you expect.

By the way: some parts of the German survey are still in English.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich! 3 years 8 months ago #52049

• afandiphd
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks Holch,

I have no knowledge about German language, I used Word 2010 mini translator to translate from Eng. to German.

Is it possible to translate using Google translate?
Many thanks

Re:Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich! 3 years 8 months ago #52052

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
I would use Google Translator. The quality is good.
And I would check dict.cc for finetuning.

The question is how the quality of the translated survey is hurting the results. Standard in market research is to at least check the survey with a native speaker from the peer group of the topic.

Re:Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich! 3 years 8 months ago #52057

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
I'd also recommend to use Google translate, it's much better but still far away from being perfect.
Better let a native speaker check the translations!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re:Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich! 3 years 8 months ago #52061

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
First of all, I wouldn't rely on automatic translations for the translation of a questionnaire. It is one thing to use some of those tools to understand a text, it is another thing to use it as the actual translation for a questionnaire.

I use Google Translator quite a bit during my daily work. It pretty good - most of the times. But it also can go terribly wrong. I would use Google Translator only to help me with translations from and to languages that I know pretty well.

I have seen that you are from an Australian University. I am pretty sure, that you will find a German, Austrian or Swiss exchange student somewhere there. And I am pretty sure that if you invite them for a drink or a lunch they might be willing to help you out with checking the questionnaire for you.

Because the way it is, you could also invent the results and you wouldn't loose much in reliability. ;-)

I would even say that the data would be more reliable if you would sent the questionnaire to German speakers in English. If they don't know English, they just won't answer (i guess).

But with the current translation and the mix of languages, it is very difficult to understand what you are talking about and I doubt that results will be any helpful at all. I personally wouldn't want to base analysis on this.

Just to give you an example, how little things can impact a survey:

We were running a survey in several countries, over several years in different waves and for several brands at the same time. My Italian intern decided that a little fill word in one of the questions was not necessary in Italian and deleted it.

When I received the tables we suddenly had an increase of 10 percentage points to the previous wave of the survey and to the other countries (on average over all brands in this country - around 15 if I recall right).

I was a little surprised about the increase and couldn't really explain it, so we went back to the data and the questionnaire and finally found out what was the case: deleting that little fill word caused an increase of 10 percentage points. Not nice to explain your Italian clients what happened and why we deleted this word, which was in this questionnaire for about 4 years. Well, I actually had no good reason. I couldn't really blame the intern for it (even if it was her fault, but wouldn't look good). So I had to take it. ;-)

Just a little story from the research world and why details are important.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich! 3 years 8 months ago #52078

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
The real question now is "What was the little filler word"?

The day, the little italian word vanished".

Limesurvey is missing a test/try/comment modus, where e.g a translator can click through the survey and can enter comments in a little box, which are saved into the survey structure for the survey editor to read. That way translations would be a lot easier. A skip conditions button would be make sure no question is missed.

I want a discussion thread or subboard for features. The idea tracker comments are not searched and read by most of the users here.

Re:Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich! 3 years 8 months ago #52081

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
@Jelo: the response was still more or less the same. I personally probably would have answered the same way, but...

If I recall right, it was something like:
- to request a specific quote
- to request a quote

Yes, both are different, but at the end of the day, this is something that can easily missed by translation. Would you have guessed that the lack of "specific" would make such a difference? I wouldn't have deleted it, but I also wouldn't have expected such an impact.

Re:Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich! 3 years 8 months ago #52083

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
holch wrote:
Would you have guessed that the lack of "specific" would make such a difference?
If we would have guessed that, we would be consultants, which tell people what to do, instead of asking people to fill out surveys ;-)

On the other hand. A "specific bugreport" vs "bugreport".

The quick learning is: If you do tracking studies, don't change items without good reason and feedback from your client.

You could use your story to sell more longitudinal studies.

Re:Ihre Antworten sind erforderlich! 3 years 8 months ago #52084

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
By the way: I second the your request for a separate subforum for feature requests. The idea tracker is nice, but doesn't receive much attention in my opinion. The forum on the other hand is very active.

I don't really see the need for the translation feature though. It would be a nice to have, but there are other things, that would be much more important, like for example randomizing a set of questions / questiongroups or even answergroups within a question.

Because the translation stuff can be done outside of Limesurvey. Professional translators don't like to translate out of their tools anyway. They have certain tools that help them to translate, be faster and reuse already made translations, so this is a nice to have, but not so important I think.

Number 1 priority for Limesurvey should be the basic feature: creating online surveys. And there are still loads of features, that limesurvey does not offer (like the above mentioned, which I'd consider crucial).

• Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
Donation Image