Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Keeping language choice after re-login with token persistence

Keeping language choice after re-login with token persistence 1 year 2 months ago #97738

• bdlemieux
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I originally posted this in the design issues and Denis Chenu suggested I put it in the "future feature" forum. So here goes:

I have a bilingual survey (French and English) in which i tweaked to template to remove the language switch so it does not appear on every page after login (a requirement so that people who start answering in one language can not switch to another language in the process. A statistical validity issue.).

The language preference of the respondent is set in an introductory page using a language choice question. This works well for a respondent who does not log off the survey during completion. If the respondent logs off before completing the survey and logs back in using his token, the language resets to French (which is the base language) even if English was initially chosen. The only (tedious) way to correct this is to back track to the initial language selection question and switch again.

My question is: is there a was to make the language choice "stick" after a respondent has made a choice on the initial page of my questionnaire? (Most of the time, there is no way to set in advance the language of the respondents.

The tokens I imported where from a list (name, email, preset token) in which there was no language preference set, but nonetheless, French always comes up as the default in the token list.

Thanks in advance for any help or workaround on this topic,

Benoit
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
Donation Image