Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SEO urls?

SEO urls? 1 year 1 month ago #96830

• gregy1403
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi

Is it possible to make SEO friendly urls? As fas as i saw (using script for 2 hours) there is no chance to set SEO .. like;

www.limesurvey.org/questions
www.limesurvey.org/participate

instead of

www.limesurvey.org/index.php/899844/lang-en

Thank you veryx much for your answers
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SEO urls? 1 year 1 month ago #96831

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 288
I am not getting why you want the survey necessarily to show but this will only be able through .htaccess I guess.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

SEO urls? 1 year 1 month ago #96832

• gregy1403
  • Fresh Lemon
i know it can be done via htaccess, but i thought limesurvey has it built in .. like all shops (Opencart, Magento .. you can specify what seo url you want to have ..

thank you anyway

SEO urls? 1 year 1 month ago #96833

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 288
As Limesurvey is not a shop the comparison doesn't make much sense. For shops it is vital to be found in search engines, for everyone who is doing serious research it is actually not really desirable that the survey is found easily online, because usually you want to control who accesses your survey.

So in general (I am sure there are exeptions) I think it is not very important to have SEO friendly URLs for a survey system. There are a lot more important features to be implemented than this.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Donation Image