Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Port limesurvey code to HTML 5, CSS 3 and UI enhancements for default template.

Port limesurvey code to HTML 5, CSS 3 and UI enhancements for default template. 2 years 6 months ago #74679

• bhargav
  • Fresh Lemon
I think the UI of lime survey can be improved and the code ported to HTML 5 & CSS 3. Forms especially have undergone a huge makeover in the latest version of HTML and CSS. I would like to take up this as my Google Summer of Code 2012 project.

Development team please suggest your views on this.

Bhargav
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Port limesurvey code to HTML 5, CSS 3 and UI enhancements for default template. 2 years 6 months ago #74682

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 104
Sorry, not a good idea.
What you suggesting will basically lock out all IE users up to IE8 and many other users of older browser versions. LimeSurvey templates need to have maximum compatibility to older browsers (IE7 and up).

IMHO the task is too small anyway to cover 3 months of work.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by c_schmitz.

Re: Port limesurvey code to HTML 5, CSS 3 and UI enhancements for default template. 2 years 6 months ago #74683

• bhargav
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi

Sorry if had miscommunicated. I just discovered this thread on UI ideas for limesurvey 2.0 [url=http://http://docs.limesurvey.org/Ideas+for+improving+the+Limesurvey+admin+interface&structure=LimeSurvey+development#Your_ideas]here[/url] What I meant in the earlier post was that I would like to work on implementing these. Could you please help me on how to proceed regarding this.

Bhargav

Re: Port limesurvey code to HTML 5, CSS 3 and UI enhancements for default template. 2 years 5 months ago #76325

• jun9
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 1
How about use JavaScript library like Modernizr to enable HTML5/CSS3 support?
Supported browsers (quote from: www.modernizr.com/docs/)
We support IE6+, Firefox 3.5+, Opera 9.6+, Safari 2+, Chrome. On mobile, we support iOS's mobile Safari, Android's WebKit browser, Opera Mobile, Firefox Mobile and whilst we’re still doing more testing we believe we support Blackberry 6+.

Re: Port limesurvey code to HTML 5, CSS 3 and UI enhancements for default template. 2 years 5 months ago #76358

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
Bhargav: The GSoC tasks we offer for 2012 can be found here: docs.limesurvey.org/Project+Ideas+for+GS...meSurvey+development

We are though planning to improve the admin interface.

@jun9: That sounds promising. Can you please add a comment about the benefits at docs.limesurvey.org/Ideas+for+improving+...velopment#Your_ideas

You can also add this as a feature request at our feature tracker . Please describe your idea as detailed as possible and try to outline a suitable solution/implementation as well.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Port limesurvey code to HTML 5, CSS 3 and UI enhancements for default template. 2 years 5 months ago #76445

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 800
Hello,

Actually, if IE7/IE8 access on a HTML5/CSS3 web site, i think he put it in quirks mode, then it can be possible.

BUT, in qanda, we have a lot of mofification to to have a real HTML5 code.

Maybe give this to template ?
A optionnal header.pstpl file ?

Re: Port limesurvey code to HTML 5, CSS 3 and UI enhancements for default template. 2 years 5 months ago #76538

• jun9
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 1
I think give this option to template (header.pstpl) is a great idea.
It will also make it possible to load from Google/MS CDNs, not sure why current jquery.js and jquery-ui.js ain't even the minified.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Donation Image