Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New charts

New charts 3 years 2 months ago #61628

• Danimal
  • Fresh Lemon
I started using 1.90 a long time ago and have enjoyed it very much. The survey generated much more traffic to my website than I ever expected.

I was pretty happy to see that 1.91 is available. I promptly upgraded, but nicely enough, the upgrade wizard pointed out that I had rewritten about six files in 1.90, and it asked if I really wanted to replace them. Oh my! I had forgotten about all the modifications I had done! I was even going to send some of my ideas to the people at Lime Survey to recommend a few significant changes, but somehow I never did that.

So I stopped the upgrade process. Everything seems to be working fine, expect when I download to Excel. Can't find some file it needs. So I'm not sure if I should go forward and do a fully new install and lose my modifications or go backward and use the old 1.90 with my modified files, if I can figure out which ones they are.

One of the more cool things I did was change the appearance of the output on the statistics page. Like this example. It's easy enough if you just copy a little code from one of the many tutorials available.

sample.png
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: New charts 3 years 2 months ago #61719

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 293
Danimal, these charts look really nice. Which charting library did you use to create them? To discuss your changes in more detail I created a new topic out of your post.

About your update question: I think the best approach would be to set up a fresh 1.91 version and merge your changes with the 1.91 files. When running the comfort update you should see a list of files you have modified so it should be easy to find out which ones you have to edit later.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
Donation Image