Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: limesurvey versions for portable devices...android?

Re: limesurvey versions for portable devices...android? 2 years 5 months ago #73745

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
TMSWhite wrote:
Your tablet should have enough power to install XAMPP, so you would have the database, web server, PHP, etc. all on the tablet. You could then export the results you collect and aggregate them centrally. The only trick is ensuring that (1) your survey name (ID) is the same across multiple tablets and the central sever, and (2) that your ID numbers don't clash.

Not sure if others have done this, but like to hear how they've accomplished this with LimeSurvey.
I have done something similar for a customer before: They used ~20 netbooks to collect data using Limesurvey and merging that data later.
I coded an installer for them which comes with a complete XAMPP stack with Limesurvey already included. It would even be possible to embedd data for a certain survey at the installer.
The whole package of Webserver, database, Limesurvey can be installad on a USB stick. Once they have finished collecting the data, they use VV export (see docs.limesurvey.org/Exporting+results&st...Export_and_VVImport_) to export the results (you can also use export to Excel or SPSS), collect all USB sticks and merge the data at a central PC or at a web based installation.

For more information feel free to contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: limesurvey versions for portable devices...android? 2 years 3 months ago #77539

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
Helenmd wrote:
Thanks. I was referring to the option to complete a survey from a smartphone.
There is a new Limesurvey Template Shop which offers two different iPhone optimized Limesurvey templates.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: limesurvey versions for portable devices...android? 1 year 8 months ago #88036

• Honame
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey there!
I just wanted to share that right now I am trying KSWEB for android on a HTC Incredible S.installation of LS 2.0+ went fine. I also imported a survey and in test mode it works perfectly! I am attaching couple of screenshots.
I still need to test it more, activating the survey and exporting the results! I will let you know the results!
So far, I am so exited!!!! might go and collect my data with my phone!!!
H
Screenshot_2012-11-09-12-00-05.png

Screenshot_2012-11-09-11-51-21.png
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Re: limesurvey versions for portable devices...android? 1 year 2 months ago #95816

• marzopiter
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 3
It's an old topic, but I'm using AndroPHP, that is free and it's working very fine for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch

Re: limesurvey versions for portable devices...android? 1 year 2 months ago #95819

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
It might be an old topic, but many that are interested in the topic will be kept up to date this way. Thanks Marzopiter for sharing this.

So if I understand you right, you are currently running Limesurvey (which version?) on a phone/tablet with Android via the AndroPHP-App, correct?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: limesurvey versions for portable devices...android? 1 year 2 months ago #95820

• marzopiter
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Holch,
Correct, I'm using the new one, the latest release.
we're testing yet, but install in android fone (on a China smartphone, and works very well with no crashes) and test on tablet too.
We plan to use it i production I think the next month we'll do this test in production with 10 tablets.
To synchronize all surveys we use Pentaho DI.
After this prod test we plan to use with Geo location. Do you know some way to use GPS to answer a question and get coordinates? Or somebody that could develop this for us (not free, of course) We'll appreciate.

Re: limesurvey versions for portable devices...android? 1 year 2 months ago #95831

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 787
marzopiter wrote:
Or somebody that could develop this for us (not free, of course) We'll appreciate.
Professional support

Here, maybe there already some jquery plugin ?

Denis

Re: limesurvey versions for portable devices...android? 1 year 1 month ago #96926

• ajparag
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,
This may be a repeat question but my query is that I want to run LimeSurvey offline on an Android Tablet (2.3 gingerbread). I just want to take part in the survey.

I know how to make a LimeSurvey in Windows. Once I do that I want to participate using Android tablets offline.

How can I achieve this? I am a noob at this.

What I understand from above posts:
- I need AndroPHP installed on my device.
- I need Pentaho DI to upload database from my device.

How do I setup my survey is my main query. Please help.

Regards,
Parag
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by ajparag.

Re: limesurvey versions for portable devices...android? 1 year 1 month ago #96939

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
You don't need Pentaho DI for doing this.

You need to install AndroPHP and then do a normal installation of Limesurvey, just as you would do it on your webserver or with a local webserver installation like XAMPP on your own computer.

So if you installed limesurvey on your computer already, things shouldn't be too different. I didn't have the time to test this yet, but Marzopiter didn't mention any problems, so I assume the installation went smooth.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

limesurvey versions for portable devices...android? 1 year 1 month ago #96941

• marzopiter
  • Fresh Lemon
Yes, it's right, If you've just one device running you'll not need Pentaho, but if you've many mobile devices running the same survey you'll need to think a way to join all the data from the many devices, caue, in pratice, youu're running isolate surveys.
I have this scenario, many mobile devices running AndroPHP and we do a script that sends the export for my central server. Once there, we merge all the databases in one using Pentaho DI, but you can do it the way you want.
One thing that operators needs to know is that they can´t plug the mobile on usb(just to load) cause androPHP installs, by default, on SDCard, so when you conect usb and actives mobile device as storage, it brokes the androPHP service, ok? We teach how to restart the service for the operators.
My tests finishes and now we'll begin to run surveys in production, no problems with AndroPHP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, holch
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Donation Image