Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Admin Backend icons - Feedback needed

Admin Backend icons - Feedback needed 3 years 10 months ago #53549

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Hi @all,

a Google Code in student created a short survey to ask for your opinion about the current Limesurvey icon set. Please take a minute to share your opinion at icons.limequery.com/33419/lang-en

The goal is to find out which icons might be misleading and to replace them with better icons afterwards.

Thanks for your feedback!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Admin Backend icons - Feedback needed 3 years 10 months ago #53550

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 357
Nice idea. However, it is less a survey on what is misleading or not, but a quiz who finds out what it stands for. I doubt, that the results will give us much insights on whether the icons are easy to understand or not.

First of all, it is totally different if someone who uses Limesurvey on a regular/daily basis answers or someone who hasn't used Limesurvey yet. So it would be good to have some basic information on the experience with Limesurvey.

Second, some icons might not be clear to newbies, but when given the choice between, for example, deleting, adding and copying conditions, it should be quite easy to answer what is what. I am experienced in LS, but I guess if you would have asked me without mentioning, that it is about conditions, I might have had a hard time.

Same with quota vs. statics icon. Both icons shown side by side I can get it right, but without that help, I don't know whether I would get it right.

At the moment it is a little bit like a quiz and guessing can bring you quite far.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:Admin Backend icons - Feedback needed 3 years 10 months ago #53575

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Please keep in mind that these are 13-17 year old pupils who do such Google Code in tasks.
Of course the survey is by far not perfect, we just want to get some data so the student can do a little analysis afterwards.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re:Admin Backend icons - Feedback needed 3 years 10 months ago #53583

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 357
OK, I didn't know that. I thought this was a specific task given to them with a specific purpose.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
Donation Image