Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: difficult changes of template design

difficult changes of template design 3 years 9 months ago #52941

• jahna
  • Senior Lime
I wonder if I'm the only one having lots of problems by changing anything of the design of templates. Of course I'm not an IT prof, but I think Limesurvey should offer better ways to change specially the design of the questions, like text and size/place issues. Right now I feel like I should know more about programming then survey issues to get the survey look like I want :(. Are there any ideas for modifications......
jahna
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:difficult changes of template design 3 years 9 months ago #52947

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
Well, without knowing about HTML/CSS it's hard to change a template. Of course I also have to admit that the documentation could be better, but we need our users help to keep it updated and make useful extensions to the manual, so here you go... ;)

Another problem is that you can't just say "To replace the logo do XYZ" because the shipped templates are quite different.

I'm planning on releasing some pure DIV/CSS based templates, so no more tables and easy to style using CSS. But it's lots of work I don't get a penny for.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re:difficult changes of template design 3 years 9 months ago #52953

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 313
Well, running the surveys doesn't require any programming. It doesn't need knowledge in HTML or CSS.

But of course, like always, when you want to adapt the standard to your needs, then you need to have some basic knowledge in what you are doing, which would be HTML and CSS.

Of course, documentation could always be better, but keeping all the documentation is a lot of work. I have done little things here and there, but still not enough. But doing this gives you an idea what it means to keep the whole documentation on the level it is right now. So from my side:

Here a "Thank you" to all team members and users (yes, users can contribute, it's a wiki) that help to keep the Limesurvey documentation on this high level! Compared to many other projects, the documentation is really great.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:difficult changes of template design 3 years 9 months ago #52957

• jahna
  • Senior Lime
Mazi wrote:
I'm planning on releasing some pure DIV/CSS based templates, so no more tables and easy to style using CSS. But it's lots of work I don't get a penny for.

GREAT :) , Mazi I will do my best and tell everybody about the great advantages of Limesurvey.

If we could motivate people here to create more individual templates the problem would be solved, I guess. So all you great and creative programmers out there start your engines and let us have more templates for Limesurvey please!!
jahna

Re:difficult changes of template design 3 years 9 months ago #53006

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
I'll add that template to the download section next month after testing.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Donation Image