Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: exporting question codes and answer' assessment value

exporting question codes and answer' assessment value 3 months 3 days ago #103695

• lordzoster
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
Hallo
I'd need to export in a file (possibly an Excel) these survey results:

question code | answer assessment value

By "answer' assessment value" I'm referring to the assessment value attributed to the answer in "Edit label sets"
I'm on LS 2.05+ Build 140109

It's unclear to me if this is a matter of:
1. Expression Manager
2.JavaScript on the page (I would like to avoid writing SGQA JS for each distinct question, since they are likely to be hundreds)
3. some RemoteControl API script
4. a custom SQL query that retrieve data directly from the backend, solution that would make me very happy but I suppose it would be difficult to maintain through future updates and would need a custom application converting into final export document.

I apologize in advance if my question is result of a hasty reading of the documentation.
Could you give me some advice?
Thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

exporting question codes and answer' assessment value 3 months 2 days ago #103697

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 193
Hello,

Sometimes you may be lucky and use the assessment value as question code.
After when you export your results to excel you have the choice beetwen answer text or answer code.
The big limit is that answer code have to be unique (for a same question) :(

A valid example for array question type (or radio buttons):
assess_2014-01-17.gif
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
The following user(s) said Thank You: lordzoster

exporting question codes and answer' assessment value 3 months 2 days ago #103703

• lordzoster
  • Junior Lime
Thanksalot, this sounds good to me; actually I'm using radio buttons.
And the uniqueness of answer code is more a benefit than a limit: I'm not getting the info from the documentation (manual.limesurvey.org/Adding_answers_or_subquestions): has it to be unique throughout all the questions (or their answer set) in the survey?

exporting question codes and answer' assessment value 3 months 2 days ago #103707

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 193
hopefully same answer codes set, can be reused for several questions :)
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

exporting question codes and answer' assessment value 3 months 2 days ago #103731

• lordzoster
  • Junior Lime
OK and this is right.
But in this situation your solution doesn't fit well: I couldn't have more than an answer with a specific value.
I couldn't have more answer in different sets with the same value (= code).
Anyway in my specific case I'll go for a workaround - I'll extract the survey results in form of question codes | answer codes and then I'll implement a transcode table where I'll write the tuples answer code | value code.

exporting question codes and answer' assessment value 3 months 2 days ago #103732

• lordzoster
  • Junior Lime
Anyway, would I have no luck at all using RemoteControl2 API?
I mean, trying to retrieve survey answers in a somewhat conventional manner without bypassing LimeSurvey logic - and trying to keep installation' upgradeability.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
Donation Image