Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: surveyID vs iSurveyID

surveyID vs iSurveyID 1 year 4 months ago #97579

• nicola_86
I was wondering why you specify two different names for the same attribute in the API? It seems that I have problems when I have to do that kind of call, because iSurveyID is an int type of variable.
For example the following call doesn't work:
{\"method\": \"get_participant_properties\", \"params\": {\"sSessionKey \": "+sessionKey+", \"iSurveyID \": 811861, \"iTokenID\": 5jmrj7dihsyhgjx  \"aTokenProperties\":[{\"email\":\"zooropa86@gmail.com\",\"lastname\":\"Prova\",\"firstname\":\"URL\",\"attribute_2\":\"http://manual.limesurvey.org/RemoteControl_2_API#Examples\"}]}, \"id\": 1}"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

surveyID vs iSurveyID 1 year 4 months ago #97581

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 68
I think JSON-RPC 1.0 does not handle named parameters, only positional so there should be no problem with naming when you supply parameters in the correct order. I think it is more of a documentation problem with the api then a functional problem.

I don't see a duplicate parameter in the call, can you explain what the problem is and what kind of output you get/expect?
---
Menno Dekker

surveyID vs iSurveyID 1 year 4 months ago #97588

• nicola_86
uhm the problem is that the entity of the json object is empty. I just got this
HTTP/1.1 200 OK [Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 09:48:40 GMT, Server: Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS), X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.3, Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT, Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0, Pragma: no-cache, Content-Length: 0, Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=99, Connection: Keep-Alive, Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8]

If I want to see the parameters that remotecontrol has from my call(I have access to that file on the server) what php command can I use to print the value of the fields of the method? print_r ?
And where do I aspect to see the the results of these prints?
thanks in advance.

surveyID vs iSurveyID 1 year 4 months ago #97589

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
pastebin.com/531uHQ2x

This first request lists the valid survey id's, and then when i insert one i get a valid response.
---
Menno Dekker

surveyID vs iSurveyID 1 year 4 months ago #97591

• nicola_86
ok, but that doesn't solve my problem unfortunately. Do you have an example of the sintaxt of a get_participant_properties call?

surveyID vs iSurveyID 1 year 4 months ago #97593

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
post.setEntity( new StringEntity("{\"method\": \"get_participant_properties\", \"params\": {\"sSessionKey \": "+sessionKey+", \"iSurveyId \": 12345, \"iTokenId\": 1, \"aTokenProperties\":[\"token\",\"lastname\"]}, \"id\": 1}"));
---
Menno Dekker

surveyID vs iSurveyID 1 year 4 months ago #97594

• nicola_86
new StringEntity("{\"method\": \"get_participant_properties\", \"params\": {\"sSessionKey \": "+sessionKey+", \"iSurveyId \": 811861, \"iTokenId\": 5jmrj7dihsyhgjx, \"aTokenProperties\":[\"token\",\"lastname\"]}, \"id\": 1}");

doesn't work too :( empty result..

surveyID vs iSurveyID 1 year 4 months ago #97596

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
Don't ask me why, but the tokenid should be a number, not the token itself. If you go to the token screen you can see the id. Not really sure if there are other ways to get the id (using remote control instead of admin interface).
---
Menno Dekker

surveyID vs iSurveyID 1 year 4 months ago #97597

• nicola_86
so that, if you leave the creation of tokens to limesurvey, than it won't work that method, because limesurvey doesn't accept alphanumerical token? Am I wrong?

surveyID vs iSurveyID 1 year 4 months ago #97598

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
I think list_participants can give you that info (tid <-> token mapping)
---
Menno Dekker
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Donation Image