Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Support/future of v1.92

Support/future of v1.92 1 year 10 months ago #88008

• seanrife
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 1
So after much careful consideration, I have pretty much decided to downgrade from v2.0 to 1.92. Please don't take this the wrong way - I'm very appreciative of all the hard work you guys put in to the new version. However, I have noticed a number of issues in v2 which lead me to believe that it is not ready to be deployed in a production environment. In addition to the speed issue I mentioned previously, I've noticed that surveys will sporadically loop back to the first page after the Next button is clicked, and record null values in the database. I can't seem to reproduce this, but the fact that it happens is enough to make me nervous. I spent all day yesterday trying to figure out the cause of this behavior, to no avail. I finally re-booted my VPS, which for some reason fixed the problem - at least for now.

So now I'm moving my surveys back to my old 1.92installation. My question is whether or not this version will receive any attention in the future? Or is it at end of life? That is, will any updates be released for it at any point? I doubt this will affect my decision, but feel like I should take it into account.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Support/future of v1.92 1 year 10 months ago #88014

• c_schmitz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 111
Hello,
There will be no further updates for 1.92. We do completely focus on fixing the remaining issues in 2.0 and developing 2.1.

We know that 2.0 had a few more problems right after it was released than we expected but by I dare to say that now most issues are resolved, including the general speed problems.

Regarding your issue: If a reboot of your VPS fixed the issue then it is definitely not a LimeSurvey issue.

We have a saying in the dev team: There is no such thing as a sporadic LimeSurvey bug. Usually every bug is reproducable some way or the other - if it isn't then it is some of the underlying sowftare components (system/web server) that are different or having problems.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!

Re: Support/future of v1.92 1 year 10 months ago #88048

• seanrife
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks, c_schmitz... I'm willing to accept that it may be an issue with my server. Of course, when I say "sporadic" what I mean is it appears sporadic - everything has a cause, even if I don't know what it is. :-)

When you say that the speed problems are mostly fixed, does this include the issue discussed at bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=6299 ? I ask only because it remains open. If you're confident that performance problems are not due to LimeSurvey, I'll direct my troubleshooting efforts elsewhere.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
Donation Image