Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Possible to have two installations of LS with single database?

Possible to have two installations of LS with single database? 1 year 7 months ago #85558

• nwinter
  • Fresh Lemon
I have been doing some hacking away at the code to try my hand at developing some new features. I've done this on a separate installation from my "main"installation. But I would like to be able to try out my new features with my surveys from the "main"installation. (Without having to export and import.)

So, my question is, will I create problems if I have two installations running, both using the same database (and same tables within the database)?

I realize I'd have to be super-careful to update the installation on both at the same time, but beyond that would I be OK?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Possible to have two installations of LS with single database? 1 year 7 months ago #85560

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 193
Hi,
there is no problem at all and several installations may share the same db...
The only thing is to have the correct db connection data in each config.php files...
- If both installs are in different subdomains (LS1.yourdomain.net & LS2.yourdomain.net), config.php files may be 100% similar
- If installs are located into 2 folders of a same domain (yourdomain.net/LS1 & yourdomain.net/LS2) you have to adapt the $rooturl of your second install

Ben/
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nwinter
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Donation Image