Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Preview answers of a "closed" survey

Preview answers of a "closed" survey 2 years 1 month ago #82399

Hi,

I would like to give the ability to respondents to preview their answers in an old survey (one that has been closed) for historical reasons. Is there a way to do this in limesurvey?

My thought is to copy the survey, to hack it to see the old_survey db (the one automatically created when closing a survey) and to make it available to respondents (with read-only fields). However I am not quite sure how to put the survey to see another db (if possible). Can you provide me some help about this?

Thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Preview answers of a "closed" survey 2 years 1 month ago #82456

" copy the survey, to hack it to see the old_survey db (the one automatically created when closing a survey) and to make it available to respondents (with read-only fields)"

This has been done by exporting both survey and answers in .lss and .vv format respectively and by importing them as a new survey (how to import answers correctly is documented here docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=...ing_vv_file_headings). Read-only and disabled input fields was accomplished by embedding javascript in the survey.

However now I am facing an issue regarding the previous,next buttons. I would like to make them plain browse buttons, i.e. not to submit answers in the db but just moving to the next/previous page. Does anyone have an idea how to implement this behavior?

thnx

Re: Preview answers of a "closed" survey 2 years 1 month ago #82506

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
That isn't possible without lots of changes to the core files.

An alternative approach would be to code your on script which is automatically called at the end of the survey using the end URL feature. This script gets passed the survey ID and data set ID and then you can easily delete the created data set.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Donation Image