Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Having trouble with the order questions within group page (and conditions?)

Having trouble with the order questions within group page (and conditions?) 2 years 4 months ago #78683

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 313
Hi!

I have a fairly big survey and in one question group, when I try to sort the questions within the group, the dropdown only shows two options "place after" and "at beginning". The questions within the group are not available.

This is for one group. For another group the list of questions available stop around question 10 of this group.

And then there is an issue with the conditions. Sometimes the conditions show up as question code (the one I gave) and sometimes as SQGA code. When it is as SQGA code it always is marked in red and it says it is an "undefined variable". This appears in the question view as well as in the group view for sorting.

Sometimes this gets back to normal, and then it goes back to this state!
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Having trouble with the order questions within group page (and conditions?) 2 years 4 months ago #78685

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
holch-

If questions are being flagged as unknown variables intermittently, sounds like some LS function isn't calling LimeExpressionManager::SetDirtyFlag(), which is used to force recomputation of the mapping of variable names to SGQA codes.

Given that it is a long survey, you might want to use this new feature to deal with sorting questions, since you can simply the whole survey structure to Excel, sort it there, then re-import it, and not have to worry about SGQA codes at all.

Re: Having trouble with the order questions within group page (and conditions?) 2 years 4 months ago #78724

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hi Thomas!

Thank you for the response. So what about those red SGQA codes? Could that be a potential problem? Because the codes seem to be correct.

The new excel feature sounds good, but is only available in the 2.0, right? Right now I guess this is not an option for my survey, because the survey needs to go into field.

What is weird is, that in some groups sorting works just fine, in other groups it is just not possible. And in the question interface you can define the position only upon the creation of the question. Once the question has been created you can only change the position via the regroup feature, which is basically unusable for one of my groups and only half usable for the other one. Because with the little arrows it will take me about 15 clicks to bring each question to the middle of the group.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Having trouble with the order questions within group page (and conditions?) 2 years 4 months ago #78725

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
holch-

The excel feature is available as a patch to 1.92+. Just clone the 192_dev branch of my LimeSurvey fork (github.com/TMSWhite/LimeSurvey/tree/192_dev). It is up to date with 1.92+, but has the Excel extensions.

I haven't looked closely enough at your survey to see those SGQA codes. They either mean there is some typo, or the SetDirtyFlag() wasn't called.

There is a cheat to manually call SetDirtyFlag(). Just use the unit test of dynamic relevance - http://localhost/git/ls192/admin/admin.php?action=EMtest&subaction=relevance, then re-show your survey. That will remove any SGQA naming errors related to caching.

Re: Having trouble with the order questions within group page (and conditions?) 2 years 4 months ago #78726

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
I have uploaded the survey to the server now and at the moment the codes are shown just fine. There where a few problems where I had renamed question ids to match the format (before it was like "I.30", which I changed to "I30"), but then killed the maximum value configurations for some questions.

At the moment my question logic file seems to be clean. Fingers crossed. ;-)

Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Donation Image