Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Javascript Conditions do not work in v1.92+ build 120405

Javascript Conditions do not work in v1.92+ build 120405 2 years 6 months ago #78397

Hi All,

after updating to v1.92+ build 120405 conditions on a single page do not work anymore.

It appears that the JavaScript code is broken. I've set up a test survey on a fresh LimeSurvey installation to demo the bug: http://psymet03.sowi.uni-mainz.de/survey_new/index.php?sid=66839&lang=en

When I open the JavaScript debug console, it issues two 500 errors. Both "LEMsetTabIndexes" and "LEMregexMatch" are not defined.

Help, anyone?

Bye, malte
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Sirblackadder.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Javascript Conditions do not work in v1.92+ build 120405 2 years 6 months ago #78398

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 115
The problem is that

psymet03.sowi.uni-mainz.de/survey/classe...ons/em_javascript.js

cannot be read from the server. Most likely a server issue.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sirblackadder

Aw: Re: Javascript Conditions do not work in v1.92+ build 120405 2 years 6 months ago #78399

Of course you're right. I can't display the .js file when accessing it directly via your link. Funny thing is that other .js files in the LimeSurvey directory will display just fine, like this: http://psymet03.sowi.uni-mainz.de/survey/admin/scripts/admin_core.js

I checked permissions and ownerships of the files and their parent directories but they are identical.

Any idea what might be happening here?

Bye, Malte

Aw: Re: Javascript Conditions do not work in v1.92+ build 120405 2 years 6 months ago #78400

Thanks again, Carsten, you're comment was most helpful.

I checked the Apache logs and found the error.

The problem was the ".htaccess" located in LS_DIR/classes. This file contains only one line, which is "options -indexes".

My Apache configuration is set up to disallow overriding the options directive via a htaccess file. That's why the ".htaccess" file caused a 500 error.

Maybe the ".htaccess" file in question were better removed from the distribution? I mean, virtually no other directories in the LimeSurvey distribution have a htaccess file.

Bye, Malte

Re: Aw: Re: Javascript Conditions do not work in v1.92+ build 120405 2 years 6 months ago #78401

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 115
Thanks for describing the cause. We will sure to make the .js file move where it belongs.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!

Re: Aw: Re: Javascript Conditions do not work in v1.92+ build 120405 2 years 6 months ago #78670

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
I think I just saw a commit for this, so the problem should be fixed at the next 1.92+ version.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Donation Image