Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bug? Max./Min answer in "multiple choice with comments" not working

Bug? Max./Min answer in "multiple choice with comments" not working 2 years 5 months ago #77299

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 320
I am using 1.93 (up to date) and was trying to set a min and maximum answer for "Multiple choice with comments" but I can choose more than 1 (in preview).

What is also strange: Although the base language is Portuguese, the tips and messages are presented in English in the preview.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Bug? Max./Min answer in "multiple choice with comments" not working 2 years 5 months ago #77310

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
You can choose more than 1 (we no longer have a pop-up that prevents it), but the error message will appear (e.g. color coding the message pink or red to indicate you have the wrong number of answers). If you then submit the question, it will fail the validation constraints and you'll see the same question again, this time with red text indicating the problem.

Also, these are new text strings, so some of the language files don't include them (in which case the default language would be English).

Re: Bug? Max./Min answer in "multiple choice with comments" not working 2 years 5 months ago #77335

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 320
Ahh, thanks for the reply.

I had expected that if you can only choose one answer, it should switch the chosen answer marked. But of course, this would only work for my needs (limit to 1 answer). If there is a higher limit, limesurvey ouf course couldn't know which one to unmark. I had just thought for my solution and it just wouldn't go into my head why you still can mark more than one.

About the strings: I guess I'll have to have a look at the Portuguese translation then.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Donation Image