Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Session Expired before survey starts!

Session Expired before survey starts! 2 years 4 weeks ago #76926

• deeringa
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello LimeSurvey community! I'm experiencing something odd, and after reading the documentation, and digging into the source, I still can't really figure out what's going on. I'm attempting to do the following: a client wants to quickly duplicate a "master" survey. Upon duplication of all the survey tables, my scripts accept posted names/e-mail addresses, creates the necessary lime_token_xxxxxx table. Then upon activation, creates the lime_survey_xxxxxx tables, sends the e-mails and activates the survey. All this works great. Everything is being duplicated properly, and e-mails go out. Where I am seeing strange behavior is when the link to the survey is clicked. Users get the Session timeout error, but when the page is refreshed, the error is gone and the survey can be taken as normal. When submitted, everything happens as it should and e-mails go to the admins, etc. However, if I use my scripts to do everything EXCEPT activate the survey (thus creating the lime_survey_xxxxxx table and sending the emails), and instead use the admin page to activate the survey and send the token e-mails, I don't get the Session Expired error. This is happening before the survey is even started, so it's not timing out in the middle, but before it even begins! I can't tell what Limesurvey is doing when it activates a survey and sends the token emails, but there is something going on. A server variable? A record being written to the database? I can't find anything. Help!! Thank you in advance!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Session Expired before survey starts! 2 years 4 weeks ago #76943

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

I deleted your post in the other thread and moved this one to our development forum. Perhaps one of our developer can answer you question but it would be nice if you

1) can add a few paragraphs so your post is more easy to read
2) tell us which LimeSurvey version you use/used as base for your changes
3) tell us what changes you have done (it might help the developer to figure out where the problem is/how it can be fixed).
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: Aw: Session Expired before survey starts! 2 years 4 weeks ago #77007

• deeringa
  • Fresh Lemon
I apologize, Steve. Allow me to format my question a little better.

Hello LimeSurvey community! I'm experiencing something odd, and after reading the documentation, and digging into the source, I still can't really figure out what's going on.

I'm attempting to do the following: a client wants to quickly duplicate a "master" survey. Upon duplication of all the survey tables, my scripts accept posted names/e-mail addresses, creates the necessary lime_token_xxxxxx table. Then upon activation, creates the lime_survey_xxxxxx tables, sends the e-mails and activates the survey.

All this works great. Everything is being duplicated properly, and e-mails go out. Where I am seeing strange behavior is when the link to the survey is clicked. Users get the Session timeout error, but when the page is refreshed, the error is gone and the survey can be taken as normal. When submitted, everything happens as it should and e-mails go to the admins, etc.

However, if I use my scripts to do everything EXCEPT activate the survey (thus creating the lime_survey_xxxxxx table and sending the emails), and instead use the admin page to activate the survey and send the token e-mails, I don't get the Session Expired error. This is happening before the survey is even started, so it's not timing out in the middle, but before it even begins! I can't tell what Limesurvey is doing when it activates a survey and sends the token emails, but there is something going on. A server variable? A record being written to the database? I can't find anything. Help!! Thank you in advance!!

Hopefully this more readable version will get me some answers! :)

Re: Aw: Session Expired before survey starts! 2 years 4 weeks ago #77027

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 715
Hello,

Did your script add a line in lime_surveys AND lime_surveys_languagesettings.
And your script had to copy whole question and group too.

See the copying of LS core to do this

Denis
Last Edit: 2 years 4 weeks ago by DenisChenu. Reason: I made a big error ....

Re: Aw: Session Expired before survey starts! 2 years 4 weeks ago #77104

• deeringa
  • Fresh Lemon
Yes, I add lines to lime_surveys and lime_surveys_languagesettings. I looked through every table for survey data, and every table has new entries created. Does anyone know if some sort of variable is being set that indicates a session start?
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Donation Image