Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: new meta_NNN table to work with data in survey_NNN tables

Re: new meta_NNN table to work with data in survey_NNN tables 2 years 5 months ago #76232

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
Denis-

The meta_NNN table is really just meant to be a helper table that would only be created when the survey is activated. The naming of variables is quite esoteric, and has many exceptions based upon the question type (e.g. it isn't as simple as you list for varname and SGQA - the full set of rules . This table would spare users from having to figure that out. It would have one row per variable listed horizontally within the survey_NNN table.

Since it is a read-only helper table, there is no risk if we need to change something (like to support changes in SPSS / R naming or how we name JavaScript variables). If anything like that happened, we'd only need to drop and re-create the meta_NNN tables.

Lastly, FYI, the javatbdSGQA can't be QID, since there is a separate ID for each row in an array or list-type question that supports array_filter.

/Tom
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: new meta_NNN table to work with data in survey_NNN tables 2 years 5 months ago #76244

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 799
OK,

It's a :
lime_questions 1<->1 lime_meta ? I think .
Maybe have to remove langage string from lime_meta ? ( then it's a N<->1 ).
To have a lime_meta 1<->1 lime_survey_XXXX column name.

Lastly, FYI, the javatbdSGQA can't be QID, since there is a separate ID for each row in an array or list-type question that supports array_filter.
Actually, there are for array/multi-choice (each sub-question) a QID different from the parent_qid.

I think actually this one was unused. And i think it's some "logical" to use ( for exemple for multi-choice): questionQID too for id.
But it's not the same thinl of the meta table :).

Denis
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: To have a lime_meta 11 lime_survey_XXXX column name.

Re: new meta_NNN table to work with data in survey_NNN tables 2 years 4 months ago #77378

• smarxer
  • Fresh Lemon
:blush: I'm hesitant to pop in here since I don't have a clue about the underpinnings of Lime Survey--(which I absolutely love, and thank you guys for an amazing tool that can be used by clueless people like me!)

But I think what I'm wanting to do goes along the lines of this conversation. I currently have 3 somewhat complex surveys that are required to be filled out by any job candidate wanting to be pre-qualified by a niche employment service (farmranchpersonnel.com). We have about a dozen or so now that have completed all three surveys, and we were going to download them so we could condense them down to more of a summary type document where we could quickly and easily spot differences in candidate strengths, weaknesses, etc.

But when I try to download individual responses, or several responses, regardless of which format I try, this is all I get:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '3}' at line 1:SELECT 75794X24X326 FROM `lms_survey_75794` WHERE id={3

And when I open a downloaded file for the survey, I get this:
(just copying first couple of lines--says same thing for lines 377, & 381. I x-d out numbers I was afraid might be dangerous to display.)
Notice: Undefined index: attribute_select in /hermes/bosweb/webxxx/xxxxx/ipg.farmranchpersonnelco/surveys/admin/exportresults.php on line 369
Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /hermes/bosweb/webxxx/xxxx/ipg.farmranchpersonnelco/surveys/admin/exportresults.php on line 369
Notice: Undefined index: attribute_select in /hermes/bosweb/web---/----/ipg.farmranchpersonnelco/surveys/admin/exportresults.php on line 373
Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /hermes/bosweb/web---/----/ipg.farmranchpersonnelco/surveys/admin/exportresults.php on line 373

So, #1, How do I fix necessary files to allow downloading.

#2, I haven't set up "search" on the site yet since it's new, and nothing much to search for. My plan was to set up search allowing specific fields from the surveys. Now, I'm wondering if I was assuming too much. (I am the webmaster, but in case you haven't guessed, I am not a webmaster. I am a grandma who is free help for her son's business start-up. I only know enough...to really screw things up.)

Thank you for any help or direction you can give me. To this point the surveys themselves are working like a charm, and I can use the data entry form for a print out when necessary--but there's way too much open space and a horrible waste of paper. The PDF version is 10X worse. Mostly I need some idea of how to corral the input of 3 surveys / user, into a document that makes sense, and gives us the whole picture of each candidate.
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by smarxer.
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
Donation Image