Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: database.php code

database.php code 2 years 5 months ago #75828

I updated to the latest version and am adding some of the customization that was performed on various files. One of the files is teh database.php file. A significant portion of this code is commented out (from about line 667 on), including the portion where my change needs to be added. Was/is there a reason for keeping the commented code and, if not, what is the iimpact of removing the comment blocks?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: database.php code 2 years 5 months ago #76151

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

*sigh* sometimes it would be nice if there is a comment in the code so we know why something is commented out. I'm not sure about the reason but if I'm correct conditions will be converted to relevance since LimeSurvey 1.92 (see docs.limesurvey.org/Expression+Manager#Do_I_have_to_use_EM_ ). So you might run into problems if you comment it in. So it might be wise to wait for an answer of a LimeSurvey developer who can tell you what's the reaseon behind it an if you can comment it in.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: database.php code 2 years 5 months ago #76178

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, the commented code directly impacts some important functionality that we've added. I've left it as is but may actually have to revert to the earlier version if we can't figure out a workaround. Hopefully, a response or comment from one of the developers will shed light on the issue.

Re: database.php code 2 years 5 months ago #76181

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
You can open a ticket at our bugtracker, asking developer TMSWhite for the details.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: database.php code 2 years 5 months ago #76192

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
nrichster123 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, the commented code directly impacts some important functionality that we've added. I've left it as is but may actually have to revert to the earlier version if we can't figure out a workaround. Hopefully, a response or comment from one of the developers will shed light on the issue.

nrichster123-

I'm the one who re-wrote database.php (and EM in general). What specifically are you trying to do? There is a good chance that we're already doing it using the new approach.

Steve-

We'll go through and remove the commented-out code soon. It was left there for convenience. We were doing so much refactoring that it was convenient to have it as a reference in case we needed to see how things used to work; but now that the code is stable, we can remove it.

/Tom
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Donation Image