Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: print answer for completed survey

print answer for completed survey 2 years 7 months ago #74688

• sammy
  • Junior Lime
Under token-base survey and While participant re-entry the survey :

How to display 'print answer' to print completed answer in the welcome page/nagivator-menu instead of walk through all group/questions and re-submit again !!? If possible, how to change it/add link in index.php or else? Please give me hints in here.

Currently, the survey/token tab setting as below
Participants may print answers? Yes
Allow editing answers after completion? Yes
Enable token-based response persistence? Yes

Reason:
1/ No need to modify the last modification time of survey for print answer
2/ No need to next/next many many pages for large survey.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: print answer for completed survey 2 years 6 months ago #74952

• tacman1123
  • LimeSurvey Team
We have a similar problem. We need a custom report that only admins can access that summarizes the survey responses and creates recommendations that come from another database. I'm torn between two approaches.

First is to hack the code to add another icon to the Display Responses screen. Second is to have an entirely separate webpage that accesses the underlying Limesurvey database and display the responses, with a link to my custom report.

I'm leaning toward the second option, because the client also needs some search features that don't exist in LS, like "filter the responses by this answer" and then link to the custom report. Because LS 1.9+ lacks an API, it's a bit of work to do this, but gives me a place to put all the features I'd like to see in LS but probably will never make it into the core.

The current LS template system is really more of a skin. A more sophisticated templating system, like Smarty or Twig, would allow the admin to extend the template and override the content, not just the formatting. In other words, adding an icon and link to a custom report, or changing how to navigate to printanswers, should be within a user template and never touch the .php files. What's passed to the template should always be DATA, and never an html string that's simple echo'd. I'm hoping the Yii branch will adopt a MVC approach and drop the building of HTML snippets within php, but that's a huge departure from the current architecture.

Anyway, let us know how you solve this problem, or if you want to see how I ended up integrating something similar.

Tac

Re: print answer for completed survey 2 years 6 months ago #74978

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
tacman1123 wrote:
The current LS template system is really more of a skin. A more sophisticated templating system, like Smarty or Twig, would allow the admin to extend the template and override the content, not just the formatting.
You can add this as a feature request at our feature tracker . Please describe your idea as detailed as possible and try to outline a suitable solution/implementation as well.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: print answer for completed survey 2 years 6 months ago #74983

• tacman1123
  • LimeSurvey Team
I've done that:

ideas.limesurvey.org/ideatorrent/idea/373/

But it has received no votes :-(

It's a fairly major change. Depending on how it was done, it could move almost all of the presentation of Limesurvey outside of the core PHP, and the core PHP would deal only with the logic and data. Version 2 already moves the model (database interaction) outside of the core (although only the shell of that is there, most of the database stuff is still in the core, hopefully that will evolve). The LS Core would then be closer to the API.

I hope to put something together soon that would demonstrate how and why to do this. But I'm not expecting it to be well-received, because it's such a significant change.

Tac
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by tacman1123. Reason: typo

Re: print answer for completed survey 2 years 6 months ago #75185

• sammy
  • Junior Lime
I post it, ideas.limesurvey.org/ideatorrent/idea/387/
Please support my idea !!!

Re: print answer for completed survey 2 years 6 months ago #75197

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 818
sammy wrote:
I post it, ideas.limesurvey.org/ideatorrent/idea/387/
Please support my idea !!!
It waiting moderation.

But actually, i think an option to activate this is a good solution.

Re: print answer for completed survey 2 years 6 months ago #75229

• tacman1123
  • LimeSurvey Team
Do you have an icon for this? If so, I might be able to implement this in my git repository for 1.92, then I'll make a pull request back to the LimeSurvey team. But there's a chance it won't make this release, since it's so close to being out.

Re: print answer for completed survey 2 years 6 months ago #75243

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Idea approved. It would be good if you could outline a possible solution in detail.
I also think it makes sense to add this feature, tacman. So if you can implement this, it would be nice to ask for later integration in GIT.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: print answer for completed survey 2 years 6 months ago #75263

• tacman1123
  • LimeSurvey Team
I have a fork at github.com/Survos/LimeSurvey. In the dev branch, I've added some language mods and a multi-domain configuration option (basically, allowing config.php to be defined within the apache conf file, so that multiple installations of LS can be run on a single code base). I've also fixed variable overwrite issues in config-defaults.php.

I don't know if these patches would be accepted into the core, so I haven't made pull requests yet. I'm still new to git branches, but as I understand it, the "proper" way to add this report would be to create a new branch, make the fixes, commit the branch, send a pull request, and merge that branch with my current code. Is that correct? Otherwise, I think that you'll end up with a pull request that includes my other mods, and it'll be too complicated to only select some of the changes.

Again, I'm new to this. In fact, I'm trying to get Tom's changes from last night into our dev branch.

@sammy: can you post an icon that you think would look good in the admin screen? Or send it to tacman at gmail.

Tac

Re: print answer for completed survey 2 years 6 months ago #75309

• c_schmitz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 111
Tac, sounds right.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Donation Image