Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Automatic Question-Answers in a section of survey

Automatic Question-Answers in a section of survey 2 years 7 months ago #74054

• alvaryts
  • Fresh Lemon
Good afternoon,

I'm going to ask for help on an issue that seems stupid, but we need it because in our company, we use surveys to measure customer satisfaction and the government agency that pays us forces us to be strict in the formats of the surveys, were previously paper.

I need that all the questions in a section of the survey have an automatic answer, each user must view each question answered automatically, if is posible, this answer must be not editable by users.

Is posible make this with some configuration of limesurvey or have i make some modification on the code??

Thanks.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by alvaryts.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Automatic Question-Answers in a section of survey 2 years 7 months ago #74085

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 827
alvaryts wrote:
I need that all the questions in a section of the survey have an automatic answer, each user must view each question answered automatically, if is posible, this answer must be not editable by users.
Something i don't understand:

Default answer, not editable by user.

It's not an answer, it's an information.

You can use question text to give information.

Can you explian more the prupose of an automatic answer without modification ?

If you need some text box/input box without modification, you can put HTML directly in question:
For example:
The answer had to be:
<input type="text" name="exampleDemo" value="the input"
  readonly="readonly" />

Denis

Re: Automatic Question-Answers in a section of survey 2 years 7 months ago #74122

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
What kind of answers are you talking about? Is it something like a "I do hereby confirm that I have read the terms above" feature with a pre-checked box which the users can't change?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Automatic Question-Answers in a section of survey 2 years 7 months ago #74243

• alvaryts
  • Fresh Lemon
No Mazi, are not pre-checked boxes.

question types are usually 'Short free text'

Let me explain a little more to get me better. Public administration that dictates the format of the survey thought the rules for paper surveys. And they say we have to pass a paper to our customers with some questions already answered for us. The only way to change from paper to a web format is by this way, customers see some questions with an auto answer by system (now, somebody of us have to write the answer to this questions manually for each survey and each customer). I put all questions with this feature in a section of the survey.

Thanks and regards.

Re: Automatic Question-Answers in a section of survey 2 years 7 months ago #74246

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
If I get this right, the answers to those (text) questions differ depending on the current user?

In this case you can use the upcoming 1.92 version which supports default answers to text questions. You can use tokens and store the answers for each user at the token table as an additional attributes. The survey has to be anonymous and the "token based answer persistance" has to be enabled at the survey settings. You can then hand the users an access token so they will see a partly pre-populated survey.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Automatic Question-Answers in a section of survey 2 years 7 months ago #74250

• alvaryts
  • Fresh Lemon
Mazi, The auto-responses are independent of the user, within the same survey, are the same answers, do not change. I suppose I can do with version 1.92 as you say, but also make non-editable? Is there any solution for now, with the tools we have today?

Thanks.

Re: Automatic Question-Answers in a section of survey 2 years 7 months ago #74255

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
At Limesurvey 1.91 you can pass answer data to a survey by URL, e.g. if you want to populate (text) question #333 at group #22 of survey #12345 with a string like "Marketing", you can add this to the URL:
...&12345X22X33=Marketing.

This will prepopulate the text field. For more information on these SGQA (survey/group/question/answer IDs see docs.limesurvey.org/SGQA+identifier&stru...tions+for+LimeSurvey.

You should then also be able to add some Javascript to each question or the template.js of your template to make those question non editable.

Dr. Marcel Minke
The following user(s) said Thank You: alvaryts

Re: Automatic Question-Answers in a section of survey 2 years 7 months ago #74266

• alvaryts
  • Fresh Lemon
Ok, Thank you Mazi,

I think this solution can work for now, however i will stay tuned for 1.92 update.

Thanks again.

Re: Automatic Question-Answers in a section of survey 2 years 7 months ago #74269

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
alvaryts wrote:
Ok, Thank you Mazi,

I think this solution can work for now, however i will stay tuned for 1.92 update.

Thanks again.
You're welcome :-)

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to the team .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Automatic Question-Answers in a section of survey 2 years 7 months ago #74353

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 827
Hello,

You can fill a value in 1.91 and some javascript, and after put a readonly on the input.

Something liket that in the template.js or in the question source ( see workaround):
$(document).ready(function(){
	var QQ = 200 // You question to fill 
        $('#question'+QQ+' input.text').val('Your default value');
        $('#question'+QQ+' input.text').attr('readonly','readonly);
});

Denis
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Donation Image