Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Issues With File Upload (Working with some tokens and not others)

Issues With File Upload (Working with some tokens and not others) 3 years 2 weeks ago #68556

• kweku
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm having a problem with file uploads and was wondering if anyone has encountered similar issues.

I have a question on my survey that allows users to upload a .doc or .docx file. Some of the users have completed the survey with files uploaded but others are reporting issues with the file not being able to upload. When these users click my "select file" button, it opens up the interface allowing them to choose their file from their own machine. However, when these users select the file to upload, nothing shows up. I don't think that this is a problem with the question because there are users under whose tokens this is not a problem. It is also not a file size issue.

I've attached the question but I had to take out the template in the question. I do not think that this will change the structure.

Thanks for the help.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Issues With File Upload (Working with some tokens and not others) 3 years 2 weeks ago #68564

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
1. Which Limesurvey version do you use?

2. Does the server's error log give any hints about what might cause this problem?

3. Can you try to track for which users this problem exists? Do they use a certain browser, a certain file type or anything else? We need some further hints.

4. Please switch on debug mode by adding the following line to your config.php file:
$debug = '1';

Are there any additional errors reported on top of the page when the problem shows up?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Issues With File Upload (Working with some tokens and not others) 3 years 2 weeks ago #68580

• kweku
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for your help, I will remember to turn on debug mode in the future. I am using version 1.91+ right now.

My teammate wrote queries opening up each response and realized that the users having issues with this question had an open and closed bracket ("[]") entered in that field. When we blanked out the answer field the question began working under those tokens again. I am not sure what the cause of this was, but it seems that changing that solved the problem. If you or anyone else knows what the source of that may be, it would be helpful so that I can prevent that in the future.

Thank you very much for your help.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Donation Image