Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Limesurvey 2.0

Limesurvey 2.0 2 years 11 months ago #67211

• VBraun
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi,
I visit Limesurvey forum from time to time and I have found that some posts refer to new Limesurvey 2.0 different from old 2.0 which development was abandoned. I tried to find more info about this new 2.0 version at the limesurvey web page but I was not able to locate any info, maybe with exception of link to the source code in development wiki (I am not sure).

Is info about new 2.0 version somewhere - key changes, new features etc?

Thanks,
Vlada
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Limesurvey 2.0 2 years 11 months ago #67214

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 331
From what I know what is now called Limesurvey 2.0 is the 1.9x code ported to code igniter, including Thomas' Expression Engine.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Limesurvey 2.0 2 years 11 months ago #67217

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
holch wrote:
From what I know what is now called Limesurvey 2.0 is the 1.9x code ported to code igniter, including Thomas' Expression Engine.
There are some more features. From memory:

1. Central Participant Database (Google Summer of Code 2011 project which I co-mentored): docs.limesurvey.org/Central+participants...ase+%28User+panel%29

2. New feature to export a complete survey (survey structure, responses, template) to ZIP file + import feature.

3. Same as 2. but for several surveys of a system, used to port data from test system to live system for example.

4. New feature to randomize answer option (columns headings) in matrix questions.

5. Advanced "list surveys" overview with option to expire or delete several surveys at once.

6. Some additional survey settings if I remember correctly.

7. Some minor GUI improvements like a list of changed survey settings at survey overview or changed.

8. The new and really powerful Expression Manager will also lead to some changes at the background e.g. for conditions and maybe for assessments and the array filter option as well: docs.limesurvey.org/Expression+Manager

9. I really nice installer.

10. Some more changes are listed as new features at the change log: limesurvey.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/li...ource/limesurvey_ci/

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Limesurvey 2.0 2 years 11 months ago #67220

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 331
That is quite a nice list.

Is there any concrete plan for a new more modern GUI in some of the next versions? I think one of the main aspects that still scares off a lot of people is the GUI which seems to be a little outdated in 2011.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Limesurvey 2.0 2 years 11 months ago #67232

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
holch wrote:
That is quite a nice list.

Is there any concrete plan for a new more modern GUI in some of the next versions? I think one of the main aspects that still scares off a lot of people is the GUI which seems to be a little outdated in 2011.
We didn't make any real plans for this yet. Currently we are working on implementing some of the top issues from our users' wish list at ideas.limesurvey.org/ideatorrent/

We still hope that Google will announce "Google Code in 2011" soon because we could splitt up the GUI improvements into small tasks for GCi 2011.
Things that I can think of are sortable tables for several admin parts (the Central Participants Database will already have that and it offers powerful features like sorting, searching and fltering), more drag and drop features (Carsten just starting working on that, see limesurvey.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/li...ision&revision=11149) and a new icon set (where do we get that from?).

We also talked about a template design contest and we will also need a GUI for the new Expression Manager.

-> Can someone help us with these design tasks?

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Limesurvey 2.0 2 years 11 months ago #67234

• VBraun
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 4
Nice list really, Expression Manager is particularly interesting, but it will need GUI.

I tried to find the Expression Manager part of wiki directly from limesurvey.org but I was not able to. Maybe it is time for reconstruction of development wiki, to remove stuff about old 2.0 or move it to some kind of archive and have clear info about current development status there. You folks in core team can get more from us in wider community regarding ideas, support, testing etc.

Keep going :)
Vlada

Re: Limesurvey 2.0 2 years 11 months ago #67236

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
You are right, Vlada. Once the first Limesurvey 2.0 alpha is released, we need to do some wiki cleanup.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Limesurvey 2.0 2 years 11 months ago #67269

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
The Limesurvey 2 demo is up for testing again: devdemo.limesurvey.org/index.php/admin/authentication/login
User: admin
PW: test

More information on testing is available at www.limesurvey.org/forum/future-features...art=10&lang=en#65021

Dr. Marcel Minke
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Mazi. Reason: ATTENTION: Password changed from "password" to "test"

Re: Limesurvey 2.0 2 years 10 months ago #68319

• foxpur
  • Fresh Lemon
ummmm...

Severity: Notice

Filename: models/failed_login_attempts_model.php

Line Number: 68
LimeSurvey

Incorrect username and/or password!

Re: Limesurvey 2.0 2 years 10 months ago #68322

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Thanks, we'll look into it :-)

Dr. Marcel Minke
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
Donation Image