Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Roadmap for limesurvey development

Roadmap for limesurvey development 2 years 11 months ago #66433

• redhead
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi everybody

It's some great work you are doing here, I work for a rather large company and we are planing to upgrade our limesurvey integration from version 1.87 to 1.91, at the moment we have an extensive algorithm code build on top of the limesurvey.

To make the transition easier for me, I would like to know if there are any major changes in the table structure between the 1.87 and 1.91, and also I would like to know if there are any plans to release a version 2.0 in the near future, and if so what the major changes will include.

I hope this question is placed in the right category, if not I apologize for not knowing better.

Kind regards
/Red
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Roadmap for limesurvey development 2 years 11 months ago #66444

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
There are some major DB changes from 1.87 to 1.91 because we introduced "subquestions" e.g. each answer of a multiple chocie question will be handled as a subquestion. Therefore many tables have changed.

We are currently porting all Limesurvey 1.91 code to a PHP framework called CodeIgniter to have a more modular MVC code structure. We are planning to release a first (not yet stable) 2.0 alpha version at the end of October.

My recommendation would be to wait a little and maybe help us making the 2.0 version stable by doing some testing and then build/change your own code/features based on the new 2.0 table and code structure.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Donation Image