Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Possible bug ...

Possible bug ... 2 years 11 months ago #66311

I was checking the LSS format and i noticed something possibly buggy in the SGQA identifier format: the Array(text) and Array(number) SGQA identifier.

Let's suppose we have ...
... a survey id: 95463
... a group id: 1
... a question id: 1 being Array (Text) type

... a h-subquestion id: S_1_S with description "H1"
... a h-subquestion id: S_1 with description "H2"
... a v-subquestion id: S_2 with description "V1"
... a v-subquestion id: 2 with description "V2"

yes! i now it's a bit freaky to think about it BUT try making another question (say ... question id 2) and use the first question cells as conditions. you will see a funny thing about testing/comparing the value in cells [H2][V1] and [H1][V2]: they will have the same field name: 95463X1X1S_1_S_2

in fact, it's bc the underscore is not just a separator: is also a valid code character.

my 1st suggestion: restrict user from having "_" in the question/answer/whatever code.

another funny bug would occur if an answer code or subquestion code is FOO in question 21, and an answer code or subquestion code is 1FOO in question 2, both being, say, multiple choice or radio list.

my 2nd suggestion: another underscore between question id and subquestion id or answer id: 95463X1X21_FOO and 95463X1X2_1FOO.

well ... i don't know ... tell me what do you think.

^^.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Possible bug ... 2 years 11 months ago #66312

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 104
Yes, theoretically this is possible but it is checked on survey activation and semi-automatically fixed if necessary.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!

Re: Possible bug ... 2 years 10 months ago #66487

yes, but condition placement is still buggy about that, bc even when fields are fixed later, they are not fixed when the condition is created, and so, if you put a condition on S_1_S:2 you will see both texts, and if you put a condition on S_1:S_2 you will see both texts, and then both conditions will refer to the same item (IMHO the check/fix should occur when question structure is set/modified).

Re: Possible bug ... 2 years 10 months ago #66506

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
If you can create such a case which leads to problems and you can reproduce the problem, please open a ticket at our bugtracker (please attacha sample survey and step by step instructions) and we'll see what we can do.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Donation Image