Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Email bounce tracking system

Email bounce tracking system 3 years 3 weeks ago #64573

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 313
I had a look at the Email Bounce Tracking System and it seems like a great new development. I wanted to know more about how to set it up and went to:

docs.limesurvey.org/Email+bounce+tracking+system

The documentation is also pretty good, but there is one doubt.

It says that it uses phpmailer to generate the custom header info. Does this mean it will only work with the email method set to PHP or would it also work with SMTP?

I always had the feeling that it is better to use SMTP than PHP, basically because of being classified as SPAM. What is the ideal method to send emails from Limesurvey in your opinion?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Email bounce tracking system 3 years 3 weeks ago #64576

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 313
Problem solved: Carsten has answered this in the chat already. This works for any of the email methods.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
Donation Image