Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Template development

Template development 3 years 6 months ago #58966

• tammo
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 3
My customers want to see templates that are special for their needs. I need to define new templates for each organisation, sometimes for each survey.

When working with Drupal, I saw the following structure in templates:
  • there is a basic template (called ZEN)
  • everytime you need an adaptation you just make the changes to some template files/CSS-files
  • everytime the ZEN template developers define new functionality of when they adapt for new browsers, you just update the basic ZEN template. Your own adaptation is built on top of that, in 99% of the cases this will just add new functionality

I wonder if such a "stepped solution" could work here. I was triggered to write this, since I started adapting one of the standard themes, but soon it turned out that slider questions were shown wrong on the screen. The theme I started from had a totally different CSS that the real standard theme, which caused me to have to adapt everything in the theme.

So a "stepped solution" might be ideal. Next to ideal would be a very clean basic theme, which in every release would be documented with it's new additions and edits.

By the way, what is the most "up to date" theme anyway?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Template development 3 years 6 months ago #59075

• tammo
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 3
Please, anyone: what is the most up to date template? What template would you start from, when you wanted to build a new one?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
Donation Image