Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LimeSurvey 1.91- when stable?

LimeSurvey 1.91- when stable? 3 years 5 months ago #56520

• delez
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

does anyone know when can we expect stable version of 1.91. I would like to run my survey ASAP and would be happy to use new features as well.

thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: LimeSurvey 1.91- when stable? 3 years 5 months ago #56524

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
If you need to run your survey ASAP, I would go for LS 1.90.

From what I have heard, there are still a few issues to be solved and I guess there will be another release candidate before the stable version. However, I have no insights in the development, so this is just my personal estimate from what I have heard and seen here in the forum.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: LimeSurvey 1.91- when stable? 3 years 5 months ago #56542

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 68
There are still some issues with the 1.91 branch and I think it will take some time to iron them all out. It is difficult to say when it will be stable as the project depends on volunteers to improve the code so available development time varies a lot from week to week based on real life events.

If you want to be safe, I would say you start with 1.90 and upgrade when possible. Normally the upgrade is a very safe process but ofcourse the normal precautions should be taken: backup your files and database first.

To help speed up development, you can always download the latest Release Candidate and report errors you encounter. Normally every Tuesday the team will decide if there will be a new release or not. So Wednesday would be a good moment to check for a new Release Candidate.
---
Menno Dekker
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
Donation Image