Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: disable answer option when quota is reached

disable answer option when quota is reached 3 years 8 months ago #55720

• svollmar
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 1
Dear all,

LimeSurvey plays an increasingly important part at our institute - thanks again for a great tool!

A few weeks ago, I posted this question:

"For a particular experiment, we want probands to sign up for a particular time slot (from a number of choices). At the beginning of the survey, each time slot is available for a certain number of probands (possibly just one). Whenever a proband selects a particular time slot, that time slot should become unavailable for the next proband filling out the survey. Is this possible with LimeSurvey?"

Mazi replied:

Maybe one can implement a new question attribute like "disable answer option when quota is reached"? Seem to be the only solution to me because we somehow have to query the database to check for the number of given answers.

It seems to be that something like this would solve our problem very well. With this (or a similar) functionality, we could use LimeSurvey for managing all proband-related organisation (we have written our own code to analyse the LimeSurvey answers and transfer the results to our internal database) - I believe, this would be interesting for other institutes, too.

We are prepared to spend 500 Euros on this, preferably as a donation to LimeSurvey.

Many thanks in advance.
Warm regards,
Stefan
--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.
Head of IT group
Max-Planck-Institut für neurologische Forschung
Gleuelerstr. 50, 50931 Köln, Germany
Tel.: +49-221-4726-213 FAX +49-221-4726-298
Tel.: +49-221-478-5713 Mobile: 0160-93874279
E-Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
Donation Image